1. Not everything you face can be changed, but everything you change must first be faced.
2. Let him who would enjoy a good future waste none of his present. — Dale Carnegie
3. Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. — Thomas Edison<
4. You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.
5. If there’s no wind, row.
6. The best way to forget your own problems is to help someone else with theirs.
7. The best thing to do behind a friend’s back is to pat it. — Ruth Brillhart
8. Be kind. Every person you meet is fighting a hard battle.
9. Fall seven times. Stand up eight.
10. God gives and forgives. Man gets and forgets.
11. We don’t have to attend every argument we’re invited to.
12. The pain of self-discipline is less than the pain of regret.
13. Don’t believe everything you think.
Bonus: The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
Bonus #2: How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong — because someday in life you will be all of these.
–George Washington Carver
|Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants|
#11 is definitely going in my quote book!
Great quotes. I love “Fall seven times. Stand up eight.” I saw it on a shirt the other day and really liked it. Quotes can be so inspiring. Thank you for sharing them.
I have a quotebook too and I’m definitely going to add some of your 13, thanks for sharing!
My TT is a list of things I do on the computer.
These are really good! Thank you.
I love # 11!
Thank you for sharing, Barbara. My favourite is Be kind. Every person you meet is fighting a hard battle.
What a great thing to do with Thursday Thirteen. #6 hit me right between the eyes – how very true that is.
Those are superduper quotes. In fact, I’ve bookmarked this post so I can come back and read them when I need to. They are inspirational and full of wisdom, and some of them I am *really* needing right now. 🙂
Thank you so very much for sharing, and I appreciate you visiting my blog!
Those are some inspiring quotes! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Pingback: -- a metamorphoself of gabrielle
Neat list I love good quotes, here is one of my very own that has been used across the net.
Most only do what they have to. A few will do what has to be done.
Thanks for the Read Mitch
Very good list. A great idea for Thursday Thirteen
Be well and enjoy the day
Very cool list. Enjoyed it very much
Excellent TT – I love all the quotes, especially #11. Thanks so much for sharing them!
#11 is my favorite, and I’m slowly learning how not to get drawn into them. Great TT. Happy Thursday!
My TT is up also.
i like to collect quotes thanks for sharing
That right there’s a lot of wisdom!