1. Not everything you face can be changed, but everything you change must first be faced.
2. Let him who would enjoy a good future waste none of his present. — Dale Carnegie
3. Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. — Thomas Edison<
4. You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.
5. If there’s no wind, row.
6. The best way to forget your own problems is to help someone else with theirs.
7. The best thing to do behind a friend’s back is to pat it. — Ruth Brillhart
8. Be kind. Every person you meet is fighting a hard battle.
9. Fall seven times. Stand up eight.
10. God gives and forgives. Man gets and forgets.
11. We don’t have to attend every argument we’re invited to.
12. The pain of self-discipline is less than the pain of regret.
13. Don’t believe everything you think.
Bonus: The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
Bonus #2: How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong — because someday in life you will be all of these.
–George Washington Carver
|Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants|