- I noticed my last post was my 1,500th. I should celebrate or something!
- Karla Dornacher, whose artwork and books I love, is giving away this gift basket around 4 p.m. May 20.Isn’t it lovely? See this post if you’re interested in winning it.
- I mentioned we were celebrating Mother’s Day yesterday since last weekend was full with graduation and company. My family gave me some books I’d wanted (Yay!) and some gift cards (Yay!) and a Wii Fit, which I’d been wanting. We had a lot of fun with it yesterday. Jason thinks the novelty will wear off in a couple of weeks, but the more you do, the more new exercises you “unlock,” so that’s probably designed to keep interest stimulated. Plus, even though Jim and the boys cooked dinner last week, they did again this week. I know, I’m spoiled.
- I feel like a lot of my posts over the last few weeks have been kind of lightweight due to all the other events going on. I really do have some Deep Thoughts that I hope to delve into over the next few weeks.
- I need to find a way to dictate posts while in the shower. I do some of my best thinking in there.
- There is absolutely nothing extra-curricular on the schedule this week, and I love it. Now is an opportunity to get to all those other things I’ve been wanting to. But I’m not sure where to start. I think maybe I’ll work on organizing some of my craft stuff. There have been a few times I wanted to do a quick something but couldn’t because I couldn’t find which drawer I had something stashed in. Curtain-making is on the agenda as well, hopefully soon — I am still undecided about trim and need to go to the next town to look at some. Sadly, most of the fabric stores have closed here — even Wal-Mart doesn’t carry fabric or trims any more.
20 Favorite Things
2. Dessert… devil’s food cake with chocolate fudge icing
3. Smell… something baking or the scent outside a steakhouse (makes my mouth water!!)
4. Flower… pink roses
5. Animal… dog I guess — I am not much of an animal lover.
6. Month… December maybe? There is something I like about most of them.
7. Beverage… decaf Diet Pepsi
8. Pair of shoes… simple black flats
9. Snack… sweet: chocolate chip cookies; salty: sour cream and onion potato chips
10. Song… too many to have one favorite! Hymn: “Beneath the Cross of Jesus” is one favorite as is “Be Thou My Vision“; old song: “Someone to Watch Over Me” or “The Way You Look Tonight.” Irish folk song: “Star of the County Down,” especially the King’s Singer’s version.
11. Book… the Bible
13. Hairstyle- shoulder length, turned under
14. Piece of clothing… this is a hard one…I guess a lightweight seersucker dress I like to wear when the weather is warm…or the pink dress I wore to graduation. That’s my favorite “nice” dress.
15. Store to clothes shop…Cato’s
16. Season…spring or fall
17. Hobby… reading
18. Thing to collect…heart-shaped things, Boyd’s Bear figurines
19. Movie…Little Women — the Wynona Ryder version
20. Restaurant…Cracker Barrel
Feel free to join in, and let me know if you do!