I’m having a leisurely, decidedly non-laborious Labor Day so far, though I need to do laundry and some catching-up from last week’s busyness. The guys are all over at Jason and Mittu’s doing some yard work as they have some overgrown areas out behind them and they don’t have any of their own lawn equipment yet. I’m luxuriating in some rare quiet solitude at the moment, but we’ll all get together for dinner later.
I hope you have a pleasant Labor Day as well! It’s kind of sad in that it marks the end of summer. I love autumn but wasn’t quite ready to make the switch yet, but I am getting there.
Some meme or another asked the question recently, “What is something you’ve never done?” We would all probably have multiple answers to that question. I decided to list a few. I should probably let this post sit for a few days before publishing because I am sure I’ll think of more…but since I ain’t got nuthin’ else today, I’m gonna go with this idea!
Things I have never done and have no desire to do:
– had a pedicure or a manicure. The thought of someone messing with my feet is unnerving. And I don’t have full feeling in my feet, so some foot products I’ve seen advise caution anyway.
– been arrested.
– suffered a miscarriage.
– gotten drunk.
– bungee- jumped.
– committed a crime — except for one speeding ticket- is that considered a crime?
– gone to car races. Why spend time watching people drive in circles? Or ovals? Horse races, either. Not my thing.
Things I have never done but could be talked into…maybe:
– traveled outside the country. My stomach gets all into knots at even the thought of traveling — I don’t know how I would get through travel that far away. But I can’t say I would never do it. Not likely, though.
– been on a cruise. I’m actually thinking about this one. It seems so many people I know have gone on cruises in the last few years.It sounds calm and peaceful. And I like the idea of traveling in a vessel with access to multiple bathrooms and more room than an airplane.
– taken a trip on a real train. This is something I’d like to try some time.
Things I said I would never do but did:
– teach a class.
– speak publicly.
– sing a solo.
– gone on a tour in an underground cavern.
How about you? What are some of your “nevers?”