Hosted by Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.
1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?
Standing in line to return something. I’d rather sit than stand, for one thing, and I am always a bit nervous they’re going to give me a hard time about my return, though that doesn’t usually happen.
2. Except for maybe Rosie O’Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you “bite back” or become passive aggressive?
I usually just try to get away, and then stew about it inwardly for a long time (not healthy, I know).
3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.)
We’re a hodgepodge — English, German, I think some Scottish or Irish, and supposedly a little bit of Cherokee. I don’t know much of anything beyond my grandfather’s parents on my mom’s side, and just back to my grandparents on all the other sides.
4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you?
Unexpectedly doing something thoughtful or kind or jumping in to help.
5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no “all of the above” option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you’d like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don’t have to.
Cookies. I can’t eat ice cream (I do know about stuff you can take for lactose intolerance and I do use it with other things, but I am afraid to with straight milk or ice cream, as those affected me the worst). Love pies, but they’re a bit more trouble to make with all the rolling of pie crusts and peeling of fruit (hence I never thought the term “easy as pie” made sense). Love cake, but we just don’t have it much except for birthdays. So cookies are what I crave and have most often. Mt favorite brands are Oreos with chocolate cream in the middle and Chunky Chips Ahoy. My favorite cookies to make are Pudding Chip and Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip.
6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit?
Yes. I had a whole post, quiz, and meme about purses around this time last year.
7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented?
Task-oriented, I’m afraid. I have to frequently remind myself that however urgent the task is, people are more important.
8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel?
Cracker Barrel, hands down. I’ve never been to a Bob Evans — would love to find and try one some day.
9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why?
It’s been…let me think….35 or so years since I’ve been in a movie theater, and I really don’t remember ever doing so, though I may have.
10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization?
One area? What area would I not like to develop more discipline and organization?
11. Was middle school fun or painful?
12. What is your favorite Fall beverage?
I don’t drink much of anything in the fall that I don’t drink during the rest of the year except the occasional cup of apple cider if someone is serving it at their home or event. And I do start drinking more coffee when the weather turns cooler.