1. He loves God.
2. He fulfills well the admonition in Deuteronomy 6:7 to teach children God’s Word in the course of daily life: “And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.” Jeremy has said he gets more out of a conversation with his dad than almost any sermon.
3. He is a wonderful father.
4. He leads gently, not tyrannically or despotically.
5. He has kind eyes.
6. He kills bugs for me.
7. If he drives my car and notices the gas is low, he fills the car up for me.
8. He knows how to fix a multitude of things.
9. He is smart.
10. He can usually handle problems and issues with people firmly but not angrily.
11. He is calm in a crisis and knows what to do or can figure it out in short order.
12. He has a sharp sense of humor.
13. He is very patient with my foibles.
14. He is a great griller!
15. After Thanksgiving dinner he gets the rest of the meat off the turkey and then cleans out the roasting pan.
16. Sometimes he will clean the bathrooms unasked and unexpectedly.
17. He has a strong work ethic. He not only works hard and long to support us, he likes to do his best at any job.
18. He takes good care of his mother.
19. He is generous.
20. He has a lot of financial savvy.
21. He has a lot of sanctified common sense.
22. He is discerning.
23. He is generally more relaxed than I am. I appreciate the counter balance to my tenseness.
24. He can handle most of the technological stuff.
25. He is thoughtful.
26. He is more outgoing than I am.
27. Though he probably would say he doesn’t feel at ease in social situations, he handles them with apparent ease.
28. He is generally more upbeat and cheerful than I am. If he does get into a bad mood of some kind, it doesn’t usually last long.
29. He is still a gentleman.
30. He made this video for me last year to one of my favorite songs:
I remember that video from last year. Your husband IS a wonderful man… and he chose himself a wonderful bride!
OH! I forgot the HAPPY ANNIVERSARY part! LOL!
Hau`oli Piha Makahiki! to you and your husband my dear sweet friend. I hope you both have a wonderful day. I love that he kills bugs for you and the best part is he is still a gentleman. WOOT! I loved the video. It was very touching and it made me smile throughout. What a wonderful family. I’m so glad to be able to call you my friend and a good one at that. Happy Anniversary 🙂
A great griller is a talent!
Thank you for sharing that beautiful post!
Your husband does have kind eyes and you have one of the most sincere and friendly smiles!
I LOVE the video! Some of those pictures made me laugh out loud (i.e, the painted on beards). How very special.
And thank goodness for husbands who kill bugs! =)
Happy Anniversary…you picked a great date! I took your lead and gave you credit on my blog…I only had to come up with six though! *Smile* Reading through yours was a great encouragement to me! Thanks!!
Happy Anniversary!! Congratulations on 30 years. Wishing you many, many more!
Your first 29 reasons for loving your husband charmed me. The thirtieth one — the video — had me smiling through sentimental tears. What a perfect and precious gift.
Happy Anniversary to the both of you. May God bless you with another 30 love filled years!
Congratulations on 30 Years of marriage! Sadly, that’s an uncommon milestone anymore. Thanks for a shining example to others of what a marriage can and should be. Wishing you both many more happy years together!
Happy Anniversary!! I love the video!! How special!!
What a wonderful post and tribute to your husband, Barbara! I loved “He kills bugs for me”! How precious! AND that he cleans the remaining meat off of the turkey AND cleans the pan? Wow. What a guy!
Congratulations and happy 30th! Loved reading your list.
Well, Happy Anniversary! He’s a keeper! I remember the video but I still love that song. Did you cry when you saw it?
Happy Happy Anniversary, Barbara. I hope you have a fun celebration.
Pingback: The perfect Christmas letter photo… « Stray Thoughts
Happy, happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary – hope you had a wonderful day. We’re headed for 25 in June.
Pingback: Blog year in review: « Stray Thoughts
Pingback: First Friday’s Fave Five of 2010! « Stray Thoughts
Pingback: Happy Anniversary to….us! « Stray Thoughts
Happy Anniversary I say through tears after seeing the video. Lovely story of love, commitment, and family fun. I know your day will be special. Congratulations!
Pingback: On our 40th anniversary | Stray Thoughts