Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
Here are a few highlights from the past week:
1. Christmas decorations. Jim doesn’t like to have them up right after Thanksgiving, but we thought we’d go ahead while Jeremy was here so he could participate and so we could get our family picture in front of the Christmas tree for Christmas cards. I kind of like having them up now. 🙂
We did a couple of new things outside. We have one of those big ugly utilities boxes in our yard, and the previous owners planted some little trees around it. I wanted to decorate the trees and Jim wanted to decorate the box itself.
As we were putting the lights up, we saw that the front of the box said not to plant anything around it. Ooops! It’s evidently been like that for a while and they haven’t said anything, so I guess it is ok. I asked Jim what to do if some utility guy knocked on the door and says he needs to get to the box — he said he guessed we’d just have to unwrap it then. 🙂 😳
2. Christmas light show. Christmas Wonderland in Sevierville, TN has a place you can drive through and watch the Christmas lights blink and shimmer in time to a radio station they have you turn to. Pretty neat!
Most of the music is pretty good, some of it a little raucous for my tastes. But it was fun to see.
3. Christmas music! I like to wait til after Thanksgiving at least so as not to overshadow it. The Christian radio station I listen to started playing all Christmas music Dec. 1. I just got this new CD yesterday and have listened to it multiple times already.
4. Turkey Bone Soup. One of the best things in the days following Thanksgiving.
5. Harvest Loaf Cake— the first of the season! But not the last, as I am planning on making it again for a couple of upcoming Christmas events.
Have a great weekend!