Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It’s been a busy but enjoyable week. Here are some favorite parts of it:
1. Jim is feeling much better. Still runs out of energy by evening and still has a cough but he is much better than he was last week.
2. Unexpected refunds. One company I ordered from online for the first time sent me an e-mail that they hadn’t gotten my order out when originally planned, so they refunded the shipping charges. Since I had ordered early for Christmas and it wasn’t “crunch time,” I hadn’t even really noticed that the order wasn’t in on time, but I appreciate the integrity of this company. Then we decided that something we ordered from another company wasn’t what we needed, and when I contacted them to send it back, they sent us a refund but said we didn’t need to return it.
3. Another bird feeder. I put a feeder containing suet up just outside the window by my desk, where hanging plants were in the spring and summer. It took a while for the birds to find it but now I see them there regularly and more close-up than the bird feeder by the tree. But I can’t seem to get a picture — I guess they’re close enough that they see or sense movement and fly off when I reach for the camera. Maybe they’ll get used to me after a while.
4. Caroling for “at-home” members. Last Sunday night our church broke up into smaller groups and took care baskets to some of our older members who can’t get out to church much and sang Christmas carols to them. My mother-in-law was one of those whom they went to. I wasn’t able to go but Jim said it went really well. Sometimes she’s too sleepy to interact much, but he said she sang along with some of the songs and enjoyed the visit.
5. Pumpkin Spice Swirl Bread. I passed by a display of this in the grocery store and then went back to pick one up. It’s more like regular sandwich bread with a bit of pumpkin and cinnamon flavor than regular pumpkin bread, but it makes good toast and is a nice seasonal change.
Hope you have a great week!