It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
This is another week I was away from the computer more than anticipated. It seems my life is in a state of never knowing what a day will bring forth just now. 🙂 Here are some favorite aspects of the past week:
1. Jesse’s birthday. My youngest turned 21 this week! So hard to believe!
2. A refund. I had ordered something for Jesse’s birthday via eBay, and the item arrived damaged. When I contacted the seller, at first he only wanted to give me a partial refund, but after a second e-mail with some photos he gave me a full refund and did not require me to send the item back (I wouldn’t have minded, but it was bulky and I didn’t want to pay for return postage).
3. Sleep. I mentioned that last week, I know. 🙂 A couple of nights this week I conked out about 10 p.m. – earlier than usual, but it helped with the sleep deficit. And a couple of 10-15 power naps a couple of afternoons helped get me through the day. I don’t mind naps but I don’t want to take a chunk out of my day to sleep – I’d rather sleep at night!
4. Chicken Chimichangas. I had been craving Mexican food, and the restaurant we used to frequent went out of business. I finally made these on Thursday. I use this recipe – it’s supposed to be a little healthier because it is baked rather than fried, but since I top it with queso sauce, that probably cancels out the healthy advantages. 🙂
5. Jan Karon’s newest book, Somewhere Safe With Somebody Good. I’m almost halfway through and loving it. She is always such a cozy read.
That’s about it for my week – hope yours was a good one!
Happy birthday to your son – our youngest is 24 today 🙂
I’m looking forward to reading Somewhere Safe With Somebody Good – glad to hear the good recommendation. I have it on hold at the library.
Your Mexican supper looks delicious!
Happy Birthday to your son! 21 years can fly by in no time. I am going to give your recipe a try. Headed over now to pin it…so I don’t lose it. 😉 And I am really glad that you were able to get a bit of sleep deficit take care of. Praying for you. I can hardly wait to read your review at some point on this latest Jan Karon book!
I’ve got that Jan Karon book on my “to read” list!! My sister and I were so excited to hear she was coming out with a new one. Happy birthday to your boy…er….man….my youngest is turning 16 in a couple of months and I’m already trying to plan a party….and trying not to be sad that the “baby” will be getting her permit 🙂 I hope you have an enjoyable weekend!
21st birthday ! My son made it to 41 this year, doesn’t make me any younger, lol !
I can’t sleep during the day, I feel like boozed after a nap if I do that !
Yes, life seems to be a tiny bit on the crazy side lately and I feel out of sorts!
Wow 21! You did a great job momma! 🙂
Love Karon! I have only read the first in the Mitford series but I would like to get through the series soon.
I hope you get plenty of rest this weekend! Whenever you can!
Oooh, those chimichangas look fantastic — whatever their calorie count 🙂
I love that big smile on your 21 year-old. Hope Jesse has a great year.
A lovely cozy book sounds lovely. Glad you enjoyed an entertaining read.
I love those authors that we can count on to give us a good comforting read when we are in the mood for those. Happy birthday to your son. I’m glad you got it sorted out with the vendor and he gave you the full refund.
Oh and I’m glad to hear you are catching up a bit on your sleep. I don’t like napping too much either no matter how tired I am because it does ruin the night sleep and knocks me into a vicious cycle.
We live in Mexican food heaven here–our favorite is Sharky’s. When we asked our son what he wanted to eat for his first stateside meal, he said, “Mexican!” Two burritos 🙂
I hope your sleep cycle continues to be more normal.
Happy Birthday to Jesse!