It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends. Here are my favorite parts of the last week:
1. The first week of autumn! Sometimes I am reluctant to give up summer – even though our calendar doesn’t ebb and flow with a school any more, there is a more relaxed feel to summer and those longer evenings of daylight. But the first leaves are changing and we’ve had a few cool mornings, so I am more than ready now!
2. A near perfect Saturday. Often Saturdays are catch-up days, but last Saturday I didn’t have any errands to run and had finished laundry the day before. I had been feeling the need for some alone time – some days there isn’t much uninterrupted time in which to hear myself think, as the saying goes – and had made it a matter of prayer. Saturday morning Jim was out running errands, Jesse slept later than usual, and I didn’t hear anything from my mother-in-law’s caregiver all morning. It was bliss to compose an entire blog post for the next week in one setting rather than in pieces. Then I got to spend some time organizing in my sewing/craft room, and we got take-out barbecue for dinner. A lovely day all around.
3. More baby smiles, giggles, and “talking.”
4. Safe travels and peaceful evenings. I was sorry my husband had to travel a couple of days this week, but I am glad God kept him safe coming and going and that his mom seemed to take it in stride. Some times when he is gone she gets unsettled and gets into what I call a jag of asking to “go home” over and over or to see her daughter or whatever. I think the last time he was gone she kept asking me through the night if she was behind on her mail. I don’t know where that came from. Earlier this week before he had even left she was asking about her cat, which she left behind when she moved to be near us six years ago, so I was afraid we might be in for a rough patch. But she slept well and everything was calm, for which I am very thankful.
5. A procedure gone well. Timothy had to have a little procedure done yesterday which required him to be sedated, which was worry enough, but his history of breathing problems and heart rate drops when he was in the hospital added to the concern. He weathered everything well and is laughing today.
Bonus: Thinking over some of my “Ebenezers” this week – those times of especially sensing, knowing, seeing evidence of God’s direct care and provision in our lives.
Happy first Friday of autumn!
My Saturday may be like that tomorrow. The laundry is done and I don’t have a lot of cooking or cleaning to do!! 🙂
I love days like your Saturday!
So glad Timothy came through his procedure well and you are viewing lots of smiles, laughter and “talking!”
Oh oh! What a lovely big smile from your little Tim. So glad he completed the procedure well. And that you are getting some restful moments in here at the beginning of autumn.
Slow Saturdays are indeed a blessing. I’m glad that things went smoothly with your MIL while your hubby was away. What a precious pic! Those little ones grow up so quickly! I hope that you have a good weekend. 🙂
What a precious little smile!! 🙂 And so glad that you got to have a wonderful Saturday- it’s such a satisfying feeling to get things accomplished in a calm, quiet way. There’s nothing I love more than a morning alone at home to putter and think!
Glad to hear little Timothy made it through the sedation and procedure well and is back to being happy. Sweet picture you shared. I don’t like when my hubby has to travel for work. It must be so confusing for his mom. Good to hear that she took it better this time around.
Quiet days alone seem to be a fave for everyone commenting here. I concur!
What a sweet smile from Timothy! And it’s all the better because he did so well during the procedure.
PS: I just went and read your Ebenezers. Loved them–
What a blessing you had in the week last week, Barbara…especially where your grandson is concerned. What a treasure!