It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I almost didn’t do a FFF today. It hasn’t been a bad week, but most the things I could think of to share are things I’ve already shared before, so I didn’t think it would be all that interesting to readers. But of course we’re to be thankful for all things, not just the first time we experience them. 🙂 So here goes:
1. Icy Hot patches and spray. I’ve had some back issues this week, and the patches help immensely. The spray doesn’t work quite as well, but it does help those areas I can’t reach or coordinate getting a patch to.
2. Dinner prepared by my daughter-in-law. I not only enjoy being “off” from kitchen duty sometimes, but I also enjoy not having to think about what to make. I’ve been in a rut this week, tired of the “same old stuff” yet not inspired enough to look up something new. 🙂
3. Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats with melted chocolate chips on top. It hit me today that I hadn’t had these in a while, and they sounded so good – thankfully I thought of them before a trip to the store, so I was able to get the ingredients! On a side note, this is the only thing I use Rice Krispies for – we’re not into cereal much. I wish they’d make a small box just big enough for a pan of these treats.
I only made a half recipe so as to have not too much temptation on hand. 🙂
4. A desk chair I can nap in. When I chose this office chair, I specifically chose one that reclined and had a back tall enough to support my head so I could lean back and take a quick power nap sometimes. My sleep patterns have been wacky this week and those naps have been very needed.
5. Our first megawatt of power. My husband had solar panels installed on our house several weeks ago, and our power company adjusts our power bill according to how much we’ve used and how much we’ve generated. This month our power bill was $26 and change! Nice! Of course, the savings for now are going to pay for the system, but once that breaks even, it will be very nice indeed.
We haven’t reached summertime temperatures yet, but it has been warm enough to get hot and sweaty. Thursday was overcast and delightfully cool, especially when a breeze picked up. I know in a couple of weeks we’ll be out of cool days until fall, so I am treasuring them up.
Hope you’ve had a great week as well! Happy Friday!
I hope your back is feeling better. I certainly sympathize with pain. The peanut butter rice krispie treats look wonderul. Do you substitute peanut butter for the marshmallows? Have a great weekend.
I’m sorry, I forgot to answer this. I add the peanut butter in along with the marshmallows and margarine – maybe 1/3 cup. I think you can probably use a bit less butter/margarine if you use peanut butter.
Solar panels are the future in my opinion it’s clean, and sunshine doesn’t cost anything !
Sorry your back is bothering you. Glad though that you have found some relief with the patches.
Uummm, those rice krispy treats would not last 1 hour at my house! 🙂 They look yummy!
Solar panels, wish we had some!
oh praise God that the icy patch works for your back. it did NOTHING for mine. the only thing that works for back pain for me( praising God it has been absolutely fine since last August), are the fitness back stretches i learned from my chiropractor for the fitness ball. NOTHING else took the pain away. those treats look good even though i dont eat stuff like that. my temptation is nutella! lol enjoy the weekend!!!
I’m sorry that you’ve had back issues this week. That can be so consuming. Glad the icy patches for you and you can find some relief. Adding pnut butter to those rice krispie treats sound delicious. And doing half recipes is a great idea. I think I am in the dinner rut you speak of. I love to cook but it’s been hard to come up with the effort for new things lately.
I have seen the solar panels on top of many roofs here in Massachusetts. I have wondered how it will turn out for people.
I meant to comment from my blog A Spirit of Simplicity but it automatically linked to my wordpress blog, which I almost never use.
Enjoy the lovely weather! I’m glad you’ve had some nice days.
It’s a great joy to have your family so close and that your daughter in law can come cook for you, especially on those days when your back is hurting (hope it’s better soon).
that chocolate-topped Rice Krispie treat looks way too good for 6:30 a.m. 😉