It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here are five favorite parts of the past week:
1. Flowers and bushes. This past Saturday my husband and I finally had time to go shopping for hanging baskets, flowers for the front planters, and a couple of bushes we needed to replace, then we got them planted that afternoon. They do brighten up the view. 🙂 One bush was a camellia – I have always wanted one but haven’t seen them for sale before. Plus I noticed my hydrangea that we planted a few years ago is finally blooming well: last year it only had a couple of blossoms.
2. Ribs. My husband had to eat dinner with some people he works with one night, and ordered a whole rack of ribs so he would have some left over to bring to me. 🙂
3. A good report at the eye doctor for Timothy. Preemies can develop certain eye problems, so his parents have to take him for occasional appointments to an eye doctor. His appointment this week showed no problems at all: the doctor said he wouldn’t have known he was a preemie except that it was in his chart.
4. Great-grandma feeling better. She was having some trouble last week – just seemed generally low, had some trouble eating, and her heart rate was higher than usual. We couldn’t get in to see the doctor til this week, and by then she was pretty much back to normal, but everything seems to be as ok as it can be for an 86 year old bedridden woman.
5. A sign on a tree. When we were plant shopping, we saw a sign on one little tree that it wasn’t for sale because a nest with baby birds was in it. I’m not one who feels people can’t build because of wildlife or birds in the area, but in this case, I thought it was sweet that the store would hold on to that tree until the babies are out.
Hope you have a great weekend!
I know you are going to enjoy your Camelila bush, Barbara! They are beautiful.
I was so blessed to read that your husband ordered a whole rack of ribs so he could bring some home to you…now, my friend, that is a considerate husband.
Happy to hear about sweet Timothy’s eye appointment going well! I know everyone breathes a little easier when things like that turn out well.
I’m so glad that your mother-in-law is feeling better and that the visit to the doctor went well.
I hope you have a great weekend, Barbara.
How thoughtful that the ‘not for sale’ tree is being protected while it houses a nest. I’m so glad to see that. I’m also glad that Timothy’s eyes check out fine and that great grandma is doing better. Have a blessed weekend.
Preemies usually become very healthy adults ! I have known quite a lot.
What a nice gesture of the tree shop !
How sweet about the tree sellers 😉 So good to hear the Timothy is doing well. He looks so very happy and healthy in the photos you’ve shown recently. Hope your camellia does well for you as you enjoy the colors and beauty of summer flowers.
oh how nice to have new flowers and plants! that is good news about your grandson and i am glad your grandma is feeling better!
I love the time of year when we put out new plants. I was afraid we were going to wait too long and all the good stuff would be gone. I especially love flowering bushes, I’d have bought a camellia, too.
Yay, for Timothy having no eye problems! Also, good news to hear your mother-in-law is doing well for her condition.
I’m not sure my hubby would have saved me any ribs – he loves them so well!
We have a bird nest in the vent of our dryer…which is in our kitchen. So, as I sit and drink my coffee in the morning I can hear them chirping away. We tried everything to get rid of them when we first noticed but even the dryer running doesn’t deter them. they can’t get inside at all (thank goodness) so now we have to wait till the babies are gone and then knock it all down and put up a wire covering.
YAY for the good news about Timothy’s eyes!
Oh it sounds like you have some lovely plants and blooms around your home. Glad your Grandma is doing better again. And that is a wonderful report on Timothy’s eyes. So sweet of your hubby to think of you and bring those ribs!
What a sweet gesture the store made to care for the birds with the nest.
And I’m so glad that Timothy’s eyes are fine.
So glad to hear of the updates on your family!! Blessings to you all.