It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends. Here are some favorite parts of the last week:
1. Surprise breakfast. Jason and Mittu had surprised us on Mother’s Day with breakfast and wanted to do the same for Father’s Day. Only this time they brought it on Saturday, for a number of reasons: so it would be even more unexpected; because they got Chick-Fil-A biscuits, and that restaurant is closed on Sundays; and so that the time would be more relaxed and open-ended. Besides the biscuits and some sausage links, Mittu also made these pineapple-upside-down muffins/cupcakes:
2. Father’s Day: Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get to the computer on Father’s Day weekend to make a post for that day, but I do enjoy the time of celebrating and appreciating the fathers in my life, including my father and father-in-law in heaven, my stepfather, my husband, and my middle son. It was fun, too, to see the tributes and photos friends posted on Facebook that day.
3. Wednesdays. I mentioned that we had started hospice care for my m-i-l, and the first couple of weeks involved having a host of people coming by. I admit I was getting a little frustrated tending the (seemingly) revolving door and not being able to get anything else done or even think straight some days. But it looks like things are settling into a routine now, and it looks like Wednesday will be the day no one comes (besides weekends. They don’t come then unless something comes up). It felt so blissful this last Wednesday. I do appreciate their services, but it is nice to have a day with no visitors.
4. Different colored hydrangea blooms. I had mentioned before that my hydrangea bush is finally blossoming well this year, and I was delighted to find both blue and lavender flowers on it recently.
5. Air conditioning. It’s that time of year when a trip to Wal-Mart or 15 minutes outside watering plants leaves me drenched in sweat. It’s so nice to come into coolness at those times – and to stay in it most days. 🙂
What are some favorite parts of your week? If you’d like to fellowship with some other bloggers counting their blessings, join us at Susanne‘s.
Good Friday morning! I love your hydrangea blooms – they are one of my favorite flowers. We would just die without air conditioning here in Arizona. Every year, we just pray it will keep going all summer! Those muffins look yummy. Sounds like you have had a pretty good week! Enjoy your weekend.
Your hydrangea blooms are gorgeous! I’m glad things are calming down with hospice. i worked with home health care and hospice for a number of years and I can admit it does get overwhelming at times in the beginning. Yes, I am so thankful for AC! Have a blessed weekend.
Everybody so far talked about air condition, and I need the heating ! Summer refuses to move in here ! Our Father’s day was a week earlier, but I didn’t even realize ! Our son lives in Amsterdam, and probably there there is no Father’s day.
Your blessings are so sweet, Barbara. I love the pineapple upside down muffins/cupcakes that your daughter-in-law and son brought for Father’s Day, along with the biscuits and sausage.
I know you are grateful for the hospice care to be settling into a routine now. And you know what day is free to be yours! 🙂
The hydrangeas are gorgeous! I’ve not been able to grow those here at our current location.
Have an awesome weekend!
We have beautiful hydrangeas in our yard and they also have such bright colors. Ours won’t bloom for a little bit yet but they are getting close now.
Days when no one has to come or go from the house are few, far between, and wonderful!!!!
Yum! What a fun way to make pineapple upside-down cake! I love your DIL’s creativity. Glad you’ve found some respite from the busyness of care givers.
AC must be such a relief with that heat and humidity. We have high temps here, but it’s less sauna-like and more standing-in-front-of-an-oven-like.
Those gorgeous hydrangeas have such delicate coloring. How nice to have something from the garden on your counter.
Oh, I don’t know how the old timers did it without a/c! Who am I kidding! We didn’t have a/c in my home growing up! But I was a kid and it never bothered me then! We ran and played like nobody’s business!
So glad Wednesdays will be a peaceful day for you.
You have a very thoughtful son and d-i-l. Hope your weekend is a beautiful one. Supposed to cool off here a bit.
Beautiful hydrangeas! Such a pretty flower in any color. Those pineapple muffins look delicious! We are huge fans of pineapple upside down cake so I’m sure we would like those! Especially as they look like they don’t have all the brown sugar on the bottom like the cake. Hubby isn’t eating sugar so I’m looking for things that can naturally fill that spot when the craving hits.
I love those hydrangeas, and am glad you all had a great Father’s Day celebration!
I have always loved hydrangeas so seeing your photo makes me so happy. Sadly, my bush died recently from the drought conditions.
You are doing so much to help your mother in law’s transitions in care–Wednesdays will be a quiet blessing for you.
Extra kuddos to your kids for the surprise Saturday breakfast!