It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here are some highlights of the past week:
1. A pink hoodie! I don’t know why I have never gotten a hoodie before now. I got it partly to wear with gym clothes, but I am finding it perfect for in-between sweater and jacket temperatures.
2. An uninterrupted afternoon. I’ve mentioned before that, though I appreciate hospice’s services for my mother-in-law, one frustration for me is having so many people come in and out of my home. There is a bath aide two days a week, a nurse one day a week, a chaplain once every 10 days-2 weeks, a social worker once a month, and a doctor once every 3 or 4 months. Last week they all came in the same week (some without calling ahead…argh!), and I felt like my time was extremely fragmented. This week was starting out the same, but for different reasons, and this is the week I needed to finish the ladies’ booklet I compile for church. I didn’t get started on it til Wednesday – and I needed to have it ready to print by Friday. Usually I get started on it much earlier than that. I felt if I could get one good solid afternoon to work on it, I could make a good dent in it – and that finally happened Wednesday. With that time and a lot of prayer, I got most of it done then and finished up the rest Thursday except for something I am waiting on from someone else. Thank you, Lord! That afternoon felt so good.
3. The rowing machine at the fitness center is something I didn’t think I could do, between knee problems and not having much arm strength. But I tried it Saturday and love it!
4. Pink tulips. I had seen and almost got some at the store to bring some springiness into the house, but ended up not buying them. My son and daughter-in-law didn’t even know about that but surprised me with some pink tulips one day this week.
5. Sunshine! It was rainy and overcast earlier in the week, but it’s always heartening to see the sunshine again. Plus we got one day in the 60s, a nice preview of spring. It’s back to the 20s now with snow forecast for next week – but spring is coming!