It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I’ve had a pretty quiet schedule this week – nice after several weeks of busy ones! Here are the highlights:
1. Days at home. For the last few weeks, it seems like I’ve been out of the house nearly every morning but one. This week, except for the gym, I’ve been home every morning but one. That’s been both restful to my brain and spirit plus allowed me to get much more done at home.
2. Lunch at my son and daughter-in-law’s. My husband and youngest son were over at their house working on some projects on Saturday, and after I did my errand-running, I was able to go over and spend some time and share lunch.
3. First rose buds of the season. I wasn’t expecting these yet, so it was a delight to see them.
4. Returning flowers. I usually plant these planters by the front door with a variety of flowers and hadn’t realized I had gotten a few annuals in the mix some time before. I had been thinking a while back that I needed to clear the old stuff out of them in preparation for replanting this year, but I am glad I didn’t. I was so surprised to see these flourishing, and with no effort on my part. I’ve forgotten what they are – maybe some of you know? There are some weedy things in there I need to dig out – in fact, I think those little yellow flowers are weeds, but I kind of like the contrast they provide.
5. The annual closet changeover. I finally got all my winter things put away and culled a few things to get rid of. Feels nice to have that done, plus I love the way the closet looks with the lighter colors in it.
We’ve had some gorgeous spring weather this week and now have some rain to wash the pollen out of the air. Happy Friday!