It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
After a busy weekend, the rest of the week hasn’t been quite as productive as I had hoped, but it has been a good one. Here are some of the best parts:
1. Lunch with a friend last Friday. Enjoyed a great conversation and time away.
2. Bagels. I’d only had one bagel in my life before, and I was not impressed: it was on an airplane, and the outside of it was so hard, I couldn’t bite into it. I had to pull out the soft bread inside of it to eat it. Jason told me not to judge all bagels by an airplane bagel. So when my friend wanted to meet at Einstein Bros Bagels, I wasn’t so sure at first, but then decided this would be a good opportunity to give bagels another try. I ordered pizza bagels, thinking that if the crust was a little firm, it wouldn’t be too bad. But they were very soft and very good! Nice to have a new food option!
3. Fencing. I’ve mentioned before having to take down a row of diseased trees bordering the back of our property. We wanted to replace them with a fence, and my husband found a great deal on fencing on Craig’s list and picked it up last Saturday. He has two panels up already.
4. Delicious weather. It’s been my favorite kind of weather most of this week – sunny and cool. I’m treasuring up the coolness, knowing before long it will be hot and humid out there.
5. A productive Saturday. I had a marathon grocery shopping expedition in the morning and then spent the afternoon catching up on “Amazing Race” episodes on the Tivo while ironing. While ironing and grocery shopping aren’t favorite things to do, there is a sense of satisfaction getting them done.