It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been a busy getting-things-done-at-home week and therefore not much of a blogging week. 🙂 But it’s felt good to get some things accomplished. Here are some of the best parts of the last week:
1. A fun Saturday. We went with our kids and grandchild to a park, mainly to watch Timothy play in the fountain, or splash pad. Then we ate lunch at a nearby restaurant, came home and caught a nap, and then Jason and Mittu came over and made chicken nachos for dinner.
2. A blow dryer with a “cool” setting. What’s funny is that it has been sitting in a closet for three years. It was among my mother-in-law’s things from the nursing home, but we don’t remember buying it for her (that was the case with a lot of things – some of her things missing, but a few things we’d never seen before were with her belongings. Sigh.) She has one in her room, so we just put this one in a box. Just recently mine started acting up, so I dug this one out – and really liked it! It has a lot more power than my old one. And this time of year when I get sweaty so easily, especially on days I go to the gym, it’s nice when I am finishing blowing my hair dry to turn on the cool setting for a minute or so. To think I could have been using it all this time!
3. Using gift cards. Last Friday night I felt totally uninspired to cook, or even to think about what to cook. I had a couple of gift cards for Cracker Barrel that I received at Christmas, and my husband indulged me in using them for dinner that night – we called an order in and then he picked it up. Then I went to look for a couple of things at our nearby Hobby Lobby that I had seen at another one. I didn’t find one, and decided against the other – but I did find a couple of other things! They all happened to be 40% off. And I still have gift card credit!
4. Finally getting my hair cut. I have been meaning to for a few weeks and just haven’t made it til this one. It’s nothing new or exciting, but it’s just so much more cooperative at shoulder length, and I was about 2″ past that.
5. Progress in sorting out some things to donate to our local rescue mission thrift store. I had started a couple of weeks ago and gotten sidetracked, but determined to finish this week, as this stuff was piling up in my sewing room. It’s been fun to find some things I thought I had lost or had forgotten about, plus to tidy up and reorganize the spaces that have been cleaned out. I still have a bit to do, but I’m enjoying a sense of accomplishment.
I like your Hobby Lobby finds! Very cute. Cracker Barrel is one of my favorite places to eat. Those gift cards so are so nice for a treat or when you just don’t want to cook like you said. I have one for Panera Bread that I need to use. It always is a good feeling to get your hair cut. I have an appointment for next week. Have a great weekend!
Yes! I know just what you mean about that cool setting. When my last dryer died, I was disappointed that the new one was heavier and didn’t fold for storing. But it did have a cool setting 😉 Hey, those chicken nachos sound like a great idea worth borrowing. How very nice that you have family to pitch in with meals!
I love your Hobby Lobby finds!! love that store. and i JUST got a new dryer with the cool setting. i love it! glad you get to use the one you found! that grandbaby of your is no longer a baby!!! what a cutie!
I too have been uninspired where cooking is concerned. The weather has been so hot that I just don’t feel like eating or cooking. But our son MUST eat. 🙂 I LOVE Cracker Barrel! The food is good but the gift shop is great!
Nothing like a refreshing new hair cut. Hope you have a great weekend and you get that sorting done. 😉
As you know, decluttering is always a fave with me. Doesn’t it feel great to get it done and have a clean, uncluttered space?
I’m glad you like your ‘new’ blow dryer. That reminds me that I don’t own one anymore. I seldom use one but when my girls visit, they like to have one. I guess I need to look for a good one on sale!
Have a great weekend! If possible, use that gift card again!
Sounds like a good week Barbara. I do enjoy the cool button on my hair dryer, especially since I have my own inner summer episodes! It is good to de-clutter with the bonus of finding things that have been lost. Hope you have a lovely weekend.
It’s always interesting to take a look at a box of drawer that’s been sitting unopened for a while. I often find myself surprised that I still own something, or that I own it in the first place. Many times, my “finds” send me off to the phone to make sure I didn’t steal whatever it was from my sister (who was also my roommate for over 20 years before Daniel and I got married.)
Well done on the decluttering. Sounds like a good week.
Okay, your #5 has motivated me to clean out some areas for a charity garage sale coming up this weekend. Thank you:)
Fun finds at Hobby Lobby! I need some new pot holders and that one is very cute. Getting stuff out of the house that one no longer needs is always a fave. It tends to build up so fast at my house and if someone else can use them…bonus! Love the picture. Timothy looks like he has lots of fun at the splash pads.
Sorry I am just now dropping by – it’s almost time for another FFF! Sounds like a wonderful Saturday, the best part being that your son and d-i-l made you nachos! And I’m always in favor of Cracker Barrel. Love that place.
The hobby lobby birds are cute. I have one like that in teal that I got a couple years ago. He lives in my home office.