It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Another busy week has come and gone. I’m grateful for this time to look back over it and remember the blessings I might otherwise forget. Here are a few:
1. Rain and clouds provided a respite from blistering temperatures for a few days.
2. My mother-in-law’s regular caregiver was on vacation last week, and the person who was supposed to take her place, whom we’d had before, injured herself, so we had someone completely new. Things did not start off smoothly — but we all survived the week, and our regular person is back now.
3. Perking up my planters with a few new flowers and digging the weeds out of them brightened up our entryway. While doing that I saw this in the dirt – at first I thought it was some creature’s nose, but my Facebook friends assure me it is a black walnut. Interesting!
I think it looks like a monkey’s nostrils. One friend thought it looked like a pig’s nose; another thought it looked like an owl’s face.
4. A new cart for my craft/sewing room. I’d had my eye on it for some time at JoAnn’s web site (they didn’t have it in stores). It was more expensive than I liked, but I finally caught it on a half-price sale with a coupon for free shipping.
5. Rescuers. I had not liked all the colors of the drawers of the above-mentioned cart, but decided I’d paint a few of them. The white ones went very well, but the pink ones were a disaster. My dear husband finished off both of them for me, and then he and Jesse (youngest son) put it all together for me. I have to be careful of the painted ones because the paint does scratch or chip easily, but I like the look much better.