It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been another busy week. One reason I love FFF is that it helps me recount blessings that I might otherwise gloss over. I wasn’t sure when I’d be able to work in an FFF post, and thought about just skipping it because I didn’t have anything off the top of my head to share. But after just a few minutes of thinking about it, I came up with more than five. I love this opportunity to stop, think, and be grateful for God’s gifts, large and small.
1. Paying only 80 cents a gallon for gas. Our local grocery store has reward points for their gas station based on grocery purchases. This summer they’ve been offering double reward points if you shop on weekends and coupons good for 100 reward points. So at my last gas stop, I only paid 89 cents per gallon. It’s been a long time since that has happened!
2. Safe travels. My husband and youngest son both had trips this week, and for my son, it was his first time to drive a road trip by himself (which made his mom a little antsy). But all went well.
3. Brunch or a late breakfast at my son and daughter-in-law’s house. Most of our get-togethers are here just due to my husband’s mom being here, but we have someone with her in the mornings, so it was fun to go to their place and especially to have Timothy show us around.
4. Help at home. When Jim is gone, his mother’s care falls to me. One of the nights he was away, Jason and Mittu came over and made dinner and cleaned up the kitchen afterward. That’s a blessing any time, but especially when Jim’s away and I’m feeling overloaded.
5. Shopping with Jesse. We had to take Jesse’s car in to be serviced before his trip, and I followed him when he dropped his car off, then he rode back with me. But that meant he had to accompany me on my errands, which he hadn’t done probably since early high school when I’d have errands after I picked him up from school. It was fun taking him in to the baby department at Target – that’s something he generally wouldn’t be interested in, but having a little nephew now, he was showing me clothes he thought were cute and finding toys he wanted to get him at Christmas. It was fun. 🙂 Plus I found this adorable shirt for Timothy.