It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
March can often be a mixture of winter’s end and spring’s beginning, even sometimes on same day. But this month has been fairly pleasant, especially the last week or so. Here are some highlights from it:
1. Putting out spring decorations. Love the fresh feel in the house with some springy items around.
2. A bunny sighting. We used to have a few wild bunnies visiting the back yard for the thistle plants and spilled bird seed, but since we had to cut down our long row of trees last year, I haven’t seen them…until one day this week. There was one right outside the window by my desk. Usually where there is one bunny there are more…so I hope we start seeing them come around again.
3. Mending is not a favorite, and I have to confess I neglect it for much longer than I care to admit. But I got a couple of items repaired last week, and it felt good to get that done. I hope to finish off a couple more soon.
4. A bridal shower is a fun event, to ooh and aah over the bride’s gifts, fellowship with other ladies, and enjoy goodies. The one I attended last weekend had all of that, plus the hostess is particularly good at that kind of thing: table settings, atmosphere, lovely presentations of foods, etc. The whole setting looked like a magazine spread. I loved enjoying her gifts while not feeling I needed to live up to them. 🙂
5. New dish towels. I’ve mentioned before that I have a hard time finding dish towels that I like. If I can find the thicker, fluffier ones that I prefer, I then can’t find colors and patterns that I like. But I found some that were pleasing on all counts on sale last week at Joann’s. I think the original price was ridiculously high, but they were 40% off and I had a gift card, so that helped.
Bonus: While outside at our house one evening, Timothy told his dad he saw a “flying race car in the sky.” Jason tried to see what he was talking about and sighted this:
As he posted on Facebook, “Sometimes when your toddler says he sees a ‘flying race car,’ he’s not making it up.” It made a couple of passes near us, and it was so much fun to see Timothy so excited over it.
Sounds like you had a week full of blessings! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I love reading Katherine Reays’ books as well. I haven’t read the Mitford series yet; I definitely will be checking them out (What’s that groaning you hear? Oh, that’s just my TBR getting ready to topple over – LOL!)
Loved hearing about your favorites for this week, Barbara. We’ve been seeing bunnies in our yard and also crossing the road this past week. They are so cute. We are wondering if there will be another rabbit nest in the wildflower garden again this year. They are cute there in the flower garden, but when they find the vegetable garden it doesn’t make Mr. McGregor very happy. 🙂 Thank you for including the link back to enjoying others gifts. I went back and read it and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it, Barbara. Love your new spring dish towels. I found some at Bed Bath and Beyond two years ago around Christmas time and they have held up so well. I have a couple of older towels that need replaced so think I may check out BB&B again.
LOVED Timothy’s race car in the sky! 🙂
I’ve got a bunny that I occasionally see in my back yard. He is huge so he certainly eats well. I really like the dish towels. So pretty and springy. Dish towels are on my list of things to buy when I get settled in my own place in TN. I’m not fond of mending either and, in fact, have a favorite top that needs a button sewn on that’s been sitting in my bedroom for ages. I really should take care of that before I move! LOL
I find joy in Spring decorations and good dish towels, too:) It does feel good to finish a chore like mending. My pile has been sitting in the guest room for a few months now. I really need to get to it, thanks for reminding me. We have bunnies under our deck every Spring. The neighbors think they’re a nuisance, but I just think they’re adorable. Mama and Papa were in the front yard this week, so I’m sure we’ll have babies again soon. I’m off to read your post about enjoying others’ gifts. Have a good weekend, Barbara.
Just want to pop back in and tell you how much I enjoyed your post about our gifts. I think I bob in and out of blogging sometimes, because I just don’t feel I have a lot to say that is new or can say it very eloquently. That old comparison dragon just rears its ugly head. But in the end, it’s not about that. We all have a story to tell, and the benefits of blogging go beyond the audience, or perceived audience. For me, it has helped me become more mindful about what is important in my life. Now, I’ll see if I can post this comment and get the link right this time, instead of posting to my old WordPress account.
What a nice week you’ve had! We have a bunny that lives under our deck. Last year she had babies 🙂
I did some spring decorating too and now have to get a few Easter things out…..still feeling more like winter here though in NY although the bitter cold temps have ended. we think.
i LOVE thick dish towels and it seems the ones for my color scheme in the stores are all those thin ones….those thick ones are getting harder and harder to find without spending a lot Yours are so cute!!
It does look like a flying race car! Leave it to the small child to see the resemblance.
You can come get any of the bunnies that hop in to my garden–I don’t like them eating my plants!
Love the flying race car! 🙂
I can’t believe how much kitchen towels are. And I’m with you, it’s hard to find an actual “towel” anymore and when you do it’s more than likely the wrong color. Those one are nice and yay for a sale and a gift card to help out with that.
Bunnies and birds, definitely two faves of spring.
It looks like a good week! I love that kind of dish towels too, and I agree that little things like new dish towels are just a good thing 🙂 Last night I discovered a bunny hole/nest lined with fur in the middle of my strawberry patch. So maybe we’ll be seeing some baby bunnies??!!