It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
The first FFF of April! It’s been a nice, springy week though a little colder today than normal. Here are some of the best parts of the last week.
1. A reprieve of sorts. I had a doctor’s appointment this week that I was dreading. I’m “pre-diabetic” and am supposed to be taking measures to try to avoid becoming fully diabetic. But between a broken toe, illness, and busyness precluding going to the gym much and extra goodies at Christmas and Valentine’s, I was afraid I had fallen from the progress I had made at the last visit, and I braced myself for a good scolding. But thankfully everything was “stable” – still needs work, but not any worse than last time – and I am getting myself back on track.
2. First grilled meal of the season. My husband ran some errands Saturday afternoon and unexpectedly came back with supplies to grill hamburgers for Sunday. Yum!
3. A weekend off from cooking. Jason and Mittu brought pizza over Friday, I asked for McAlister’s takeout on Saturday, and then Jim grilled on Sunday. Even though there was some other food prep involved with the grilled meal, it was nice to have the main course taken care of.
4. Another reprieve. We had some strong storms in the area Wednesday, but thankfully no hail or power outages or broken tree branches. “Til the Storm Passes By” is not a favorite song, per se, but it does come to mind at times like that.
5. A little boy’s affection. I’ve mentioned before that my little grandson is pretty busy and doesn’t always like to be scooped up for a hug or a snuggle like he did when he was a baby. So it’s special when he initiates something affectionate.
Some of these have appeared on previous FFFs, but it’s ok to be thankful for something more than once. 🙂
The sun is out and the birds are singing – looking forward to a great day! Happy Friday!