It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Another Friday is here! The first FFF of the summer! Here are some highlights of the last week:
1. Father’s Day. Always a joy to celebrate my husband and son and father and step-father – as well as enjoy some good food and having the family together. 🙂
2. A “man bouquet.” My daughter-in-law made this as a centerpiece for Father’s Day dinner. I’m sure they liked this better than flowers. 🙂
3. A medical test completed. I decided to go ahead and schedule an ablation surgery for the atrial fibrillation I’ve been experiencing, which will be next month, and a test I had to have in preparation for that was a CT scan of the heart. I’m told that will provide the cardiologist a “map” for when he does the surgery. That was Wednesday, and everything went well. Sometimes technicians can treat you like a piece of the furniture, placing you where they need you but not really interacting and not pleased with questions. But this one was very friendly and efficient, explaining everything well, telling me what to expect, and answering a question I had. When I got a little lost on the way to the imaging department, a hospital worker passing by noticed me looking at the signs and helped me find my way. Normally even for familiar and simple medical appointments I have a
little undercurrent of nervousness, but about halfway in I realized God was giving me a remarkable calmness. I’m glad that’s done and I hope the actual procedure next month goes as well.
4. Timothy. My daughter-in-law told me that one day this week, out of the blue, my grandson Timothy said, “Grandma loves Timothy.” That warmed my heart. I’m so glad he knows that.
5. Passing the summer solstice. I like having some extra daylight in the evenings, but sometimes it’s hard to wind down when it is light so late and mentally it doesn’t seem so late. I like the in-between rather than the extremes of summer and winter. 🙂