It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here we are at another Friday already! And another busy week. Here are some of the best parts of it:
1. A working dryer. Our dryer just suddenly stopped heating one day last week – the “drum” would turn, but no heat was produced and clothes wouldn’t dry. My husband figured out it was the igniter (I think – I know not whereof I speak. It’s a gas dryer). Anyway, he ordered the part but it was a few days before it came in. Thankfully Jason and Mittu let us use theirs in the meantime. But it was wonderful to have it working again. One of those things you take for granted until it suddenly stops.
2. Our crepe myrtles blooming. We planted them last year, and one grew but didn’t bloom, and the other didn’t grow much at all. We thought we lost one of them over winter. But they’re both thriving now.
3. My oldest son’s birthday! He’s coming in a few days and we’ll celebrate together then.
4. Catching up. I was a little discouraged Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning because I was behind where I wanted to be in birthday preparations and housecleaning before Jeremy comes. I ran into a roadblock with one item, but I just didn’t have the energy to complete the other things, even though I set myself a pretty easy schedule stretched out over several days. Though I am healing well from the surgery a couple of weeks ago, I still tire easily. But Thursday afternoon I was able to catch up, and that felt good.
5. Lunch with Melanie at Cracker Barrel. I always enjoy the fellowship, and I always enjoy their food! Especially the Coca-Cola cake I brought home for dessert. 🙂 Plus it was nice to get out and do something fun.
And that’s it for another week! 🙂 Have a great weekend!