It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I’m a little late with the FFF this week, but it has been a busy week. 🙂 Here are some of the best parts of it:
1. The eclipse. I wrote all about our experience here. In itself it was a thoroughly neat thing to experience, but all the details involved (some of which I was concerned about like bathroom facilities) worked together as well as they possibly could have, and it was an enjoyable family outing.
2. Vacation time, or “staycation,” since we’re spending it at home. My oldest son came down for the week and my husband took the week off. Jason was able to take Monday off and he, Mittu, and Timothy were able to go out to lunch a couple of times and spend a few evenings over here. Jeremy’s original flight was cancelled due to bad weather on his end and they weren’t able to get him on another flight until two days later, so we lost a couple of days. But it couldn’t be helped. He had an outing with friends in the interim and Jim got caught up on some yard work while I had a rest between all the cleaning and preparation and everyone’s arriving. The first few days were busy with the eclipse and observing two birthdays, but we’ve had some relaxing days at home as well, talking, playing games, reading, etc.
3. Jeremy’s birthday was last week, but he wanted to come down for the eclipse, so we waited to celebrate til this week.
4. My birthday. We went to a nice restaurant on a lake for lunch, then Mittu made a wonderful dinner and beautiful cake.
Pretty plates, too!
5. A computer problem fixed. I had not been able to save my blog posts like usual for a couple of weeks: I was having to copy and paste them in a Word document until I was done and then copy and paste them back into my blog – a little tedious! I looked on the WordPress forums to see if anyone else had encountered the problem, and Jeremy followed the steps there until it started working right again. Yay!
I have not been online much this week, spending time with family instead. 🙂 But I hope to catch up with you all in a few days. Happy Friday!