It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Well, we’re more than halfway through October already – more like 2/3 of the way! Here are some favorite parts of the last week:
1. Lunch with my aunt and uncle who live across town. We’ve been keeping in touch via email and trying to make plans to get together. They’re very busy and travel a lot. But it finally worked out last week. I always love time with them.
2. “Punkin time!” as Timothy called it, getting together to decorate pumpkins. I wrote more about it yesterday.
A bonus with this one was having apple cider. I don’t have it often – usually just at our pumpkin-decorating time plus sometimes if an outdoor festival is serving it. But at those times it really hits the spot.
3. Timothy’s first “Boo in the Zoo.” The event itself was a disappointment in some ways (the animals weren’t out! I thought seeing them was the main point of having this at the zoo. Plus different areas had very loud raucous music going on, not something kids who are already ramped-up need. Mittu said that everyone coming out of one area like that was agitated, parents and kids alike.) But it was fun to see the kids in costumes and to see Timothy’s reaction.
4. Ticking things off the to-do list, especially after feeling like I wasn’t getting anything accomplished last week.
5. Hearing from a couple of long-time blog friends after an extended blog absence – within a couple of days from each other.
Our cool fall weather is back, and that’s a delight as well.
Hearing from old connections is always nice. I like the costume! 🙂
I agree that Boo in the Zoo could have been a much better planned event! 🙂 I too was glad to see Melanie back. Glad you got to visit with your Aunt and Uncle. I don’t see mine much either. We’re all so busy.
It’s a nice feeling to check off that list! I am still working on some of my projects. This weekend will be a good one to work on it.
Hope you have a great weekend!
What fun that you were able to spend time with your aunt and uncle, Barbara! I didn’t realize that you had extended family so close by. That is great! Timothy looks so cute in his little costume and I love his “It’s Punkin time!” title! 🙂 Kids come up with pretty accurate descriptions, don’t they?
Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.
Cute pumpkins! And of course, cuter grandson!! Aren’t they the best!
Always a pleasure to catch up with family. I don’t think many of us do enough of that these days. Timothy is adorable.
oh raucous music would be a huge turn off for me too!! but glad your grandson enjoyed his time and how cute he looks!
yay for a week full of awesome blessings,
Oh I love decorating pumpkins! And cider!
I love catching up with old friends–bloggers included. You are fortunate to have your aunt and uncle near by.
I’m surprised the animals weren’t out at the zoo. Even so, Timothy obviously had a good time.
Happy Punkin Time to you!
A week full of wonderful memories with family.. Can’t beat that!!! Happy Autumn!
Looks like you guys are having wonderful weather there, Mittu is in flip flops! Timothy looks cute and it ‘s nice that you had so much family time over the week.
Catching up on your blog! What a perfect collection of favorite activities of the season. May you have many more.
Oh, your pumpkin display is sweet. I like the simpler ones, too. Glad everyone survived Boo at the Zoo. Sounds like the animals had the right idea (hiding away from all that noise).
And how lovely that you got some time with your aunt and uncle. Schedules these days seem challenging for everyone!