It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Spring continues its back-and-forth entrance. We got back down in the 20s a night or two, but the days have been pleasant. Next week’s temperatures look nice as well, though some rain is on the way. Meanwhile, here are some highlights of the last week.
1. Finding two special recipes. It would take too long and be too boring to anyone besides myself to go into where and how I found them. But I discovered a recipe of my grandmother’s for Chess Pie that I had wanted. I don’t know how useful it will be, though, as it starts with “3/4 stick oleo or the whole stick.” I wonder how you decide which to use? 🙂 It was in her own handwriting, making it doubly special. The other was for a French Silk Pie from a lady I think of as my second mom. I am also unsure of using it because it requires eggs, yet is uncooked. I think back in the day they might not have had to worry about salmonella and such from raw eggs. But I am glad to have both of these.
2. A new-to-us exercise bike. My dear husband has been keeping an eye out for one for several weeks and just found a good one on Saturday. I’ve put it to good use a few times already. I love that it’s quiet and I can exercise at home without traipsing off to the gym. And, since I’ve been using it first thing in the morning, it gets me wide awake for my quiet time in God’s Word, which comes next.
3. Finally getting my cabinet-dusting and organizing project done – as well as cleaning out the door shelves and drawers of the refrigerator. I followed my friend Dianna‘s example and just did a few sections at a time. My main goal was cleaning crumbs and dust and finding a a place for a couple of items. But I did also weed out a few things to throw or give away. And I reacquainted myself with what I have in some of those darker or harder-to-reach corners. A bonus with this one: rest after work!
4. A couple of easy returns. I hate returning things to stores. I usually try to get my husband to take care of that task. 🙂 I had a pretty negative experience years ago trying to return something, so part of me braces myself for the sales clerk to argue with me. But even though I thought one store in particular might have some resistance to one return, they politely returned my money with no questions asked.
5. Devotional bullet journal. I’ve shared before that I used to journal along with my Bible reading, but dropped it because I was spending more time writing than reading. But lately I’ve been thinking about just jotting a few lines from the different sources I read, so I finally started. It’s hard not to try to outline or list everything, but I wanted to keep it simple and just highlight the main point or thought. That helps cement it in my mind, plus it helps me read with purpose rather than just going through a routine. I’ve only been at it a few times so far, but I am enjoying it.
Bonus: Pizza and movie night with the family.
another great list…….love your new bike!
Oh Barbara that is very special aboutmthe handwritten recipe. I have one from my mom for her famous chocolate gooey brownies and it’s special to me because it’s handwritten in her pretty cursive.
Congrats on the bike purchase! We donated ours to a family center for underprivileged people ht a treadmill instead because my hubby didn’t care for the bike. Probably because we like riding our bikes outside. But we enjoy the treadmill in the basement for same reason as you and the bike: no going out to a gym and paying ridiculous fees!!!
Congrats on the cupboard cleaning. Im starting mine tomorrow as i never did start it last weekend! Can you tell I’m kinda dreading it???! 😜
Your bike looks so cozy! Strange word for an exercise bike, but it does! I understand about returns. I don’t like doing them either. Happy weekend to you 🙂
My husband should have done bike exercises according to the doctor, I bought one second hand fortunately he went on it maybe 3 times and then it was sitting in a corner. I sold it ! lol!
We used to have an exercise bike but also sold it due to lack of use. Mind you it didn’t look as comfortable or complicated as yours does lol. Pizza & movie night sounds good. Enjoy the weekend.