It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne and other friends at Living to Tell the Story .
The last Friday of July! For several days the humidity was way high, and we felt too drained to do much. It was down to a welcome 32% yesterday, but today it’s back up to 76%.
I don’t know where the rest of the month went. But here are five highlights from the last week.
1. Church potluck. After a stressful morning where every other thing went wrong, we actually made it to church on time. And we enjoyed the service and fellowship afterward. Even though we’re a small church, we still manage to sit with someone different almost every time. A good opportunity to get to know folks better.
2. Allergy-friendly recipes. Almost every family at church has a member with serious food allergies. I know their families bring food they can eat, so every dish at a potluck doesn’t have to be allergen-free. But I like to try to make what I bring as accessible as possible. I made a mini version of these apple cider donuts that were gluten-free, egg-free, and nut-free — and tasty!
3. A dinner invitation. Friends invited us to their house for dinner, and we had such a good time.
4. A sponge and scrubbie holder. I was using a soap dish left behind by the previous occupants. But it was glass and broke when accidentally knocked into the sink. I love this holder because it keeps the two scrubbing tools separate, so they dry out better.
5. Timothy’s balloon man. My grandson loves those tall, floppy air-filled contraptions often seen at car lots. We learned they are called air dancers. But he calls them balloon men. My son and daughter-in-law found a mini one Timothy could play with.
Then Jason sent me this drawing Timothy made of a “Big balloon man and baby balloon man.”