It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Not just another week, but another month is coming to an end. It’s time to stop for a few minutes and appreciate the good things of the week.
1. Watching the Olympic opening ceremonies with the family. I made spaghetti, Mittu made Oreo cupcakes. We didn’t realize Team USA wouldn’t be coming into the stadium until near the end, so everyone here had to go before that happened. But it was a fun evening.
2. Olympic gymnastics. I’m not much of a sports fan, but I do like watching gymnastics in the summer Olympics and figure skating in the winter. I’ve caught a couple of the swim meets as well.
3. The retirement home service our church does once a month has occurred often enough now that some of the residents recognize us. The ones who come out regularly seem a cheerful bunch. The lady Jim and I have talked with the most wasn’t there this time. We were told her leg was hurting to the point of being unable to walk (she had a hip replacement after a bad fall a few years ago). An aide offered to take us to her room, but her son was with her and we didn’t want to intrude. I sent her a card this week and ordered a book for her—when it comes in I’ll see if I can go over and visit her in her room.
4. My patient husband hung a big piece of art work and a couple of shelves in our new guest room on Saturday. I can handle a hammer and nail, but I appreciate his help with things that need more than that.
5. Jeopardy! episodes on YouTube. Jeopardy! has had a series of guest hosts for the last several months since Alex Trebek passed away. The one I was most looking forward to, Levar Burton, is hosting this week. But our local station isn’t showing this week’s episodes due to the Olympic Zone program. The Jeopardy! web site seems to only have old episodes. I was pretty bummed about not being able to see them until someone suggested they might be on YouTube. And they were, at least the first couple! I hope they will all be eventually.
Anything interesting happen for you this week?