It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here we are at the last FFF of January already. We’re almost 1/12 of the way through 2022! Here are some favorites of this week.
1. Take-out, always a favorite. We don’t usually get it all weekend, but it was nice to have the weekend “off.” I requested McAlister’s Deli Friday night—we hadn’t had it in a while. Then Jim suggested Chick-Fil-A Saturday night and wanted pizza Sunday night.
2. One organizing project done. I have four areas I wanted to work on even before Christmas, but then didn’t get to in the busyness of the holidays. I tackled one on Saturday. We have a short bookcase in our bedroom where I put books I’ve bought, received as gifts, or have read but haven’t decided what to do with yet. I sorted through and dusted all of them, filled one box to give away, found places on other shelves for some, and stacked the remaining unread ones in a more orderly fashion.
3. Dinner and a visit. Jason and Mittu brought dinner over one night when Jim was away.
4. Catching up with a good friend. One of my dearest and longest-known friends and I had a long phone conversation this week. It was so nice to have that extended time rather than a text or Facebook comment here and there (though those are nice, too).
5. Frito bars. The name may sound strange, but the sweet and salty combination was really good, and there were very easy to make. I halved the recipe for an 8×8 pan this time, but I look forward for making it for the rest of the family sometime.
Is it bad that three of my five favorites this week involved food? 😀
How was your week?