Another Friday is here, the last one for February. Susanne at Living to Tell the Story invites us to pause a moment and recount the blessings of the week. Feel free to join in! Here are a few of mine:
1. My daughter-in-law’s birthday. It’s a joy to celebrate her coming into the world and into our lives.
2. Big empty cardboard boxes. One of Mittu’s presents came in a long cardboard box which then became a boat in a storm chased by a sea worm (aka the brown packaging stuff) and lured by a siren (MIttu). I think our kids have had more fun with cardboard boxes (ones big enough to climb in) than with most other things, so seeing Timothy do the same brought back a lot of fun memories.
3. Medical test done. This has been on the horizon since early January and had to be rescheduled several times. It’s nice to have it over with. Plus God took care of all my concerns about the preparation and test itself.
4. An unexpected gift. One of my sisters sent all the rest of us a cute plaque she had made which read, “Side by side or miles apart, sisters will always be connected by heart.” Then she had all five of our names and a big heart at the bottom. She also included a little book for each of us that had a ton of interesting facts about our birth year. How fun to get a surprise package in the mail with sweet and thoughtful gifts!
5. Dear Holmes club. For Christmas, my husband had enrolled me in the Dear Holmes mysteries. You get a letter every month with clues about a particular Victorian-era mystery and a challenge to send in answers before the reveal at the end of the month. Somehow in my first reading I had missed that it was a monthly challenge, so I had let a few letters pile up (when my husband brings in the mail, I’m usually finishing up at the computer and getting ready to start dinner, so I don’t usually open anything then that will take some thought or needs a response). I worked on them yesterday, figured out the culprit, but then saw the last was the letter from “Sherlock” with the mystery solved (and I was right in my guess!) Now that I have a handle on how it works, I’m looking forward to beating the detective next time. 🙂
Happy Friday! What’s something good from your week?