Somehow, it’s March already!. Susanne at Living to Tell the Story invites us to pause a moment and recount the blessings of the week. Feel free to join in! Here are a few of mine:
1. In-store apps. I didn’t realize, until my sons told me, that grocery store apps can tell you where to find items. There’s one store I go to maybe every other week, and I get so frustrated at not being able to find things there. Their logic about how items should be laid out is different from my way of thinking, and apparently, that of other stores. It’s so nice to search for an item and then see what aisle to go to.
2. An Amazing Race watch party. Jason, Mittu, Timothy, and Jesse came over to watch the Amazing Race finale. The team we were rooting for was in the final three (and won!). It was fun to watch it together.
3. Calzones and pie. Mittu made calzones and lemon meringue pie for dinner the night of our watch party. She and Timothy are gluten-intolerant, and she just got a new gluten-free recipe book for Christmas. I think both dishes came from that cookbook. The calzone dough, if I remember correctly, only had three ingredients (I don’t remember what they were, except I think one was yogurt). Both were delicious!
4. Daffodils are the first sign of spring to me, and I was happy to see some of ours in bloom this week. I’m especially thankful that the ones we transplanted survived and are blooming.
5. Nice temperatures and sunshine. It’s been a fairly spring-like week outside, getting into the 70s in the daytime and 40s at night. We’re not completely done with cold weather yet, but I love this harbinger of spring.
How was your week?