It’s so easy to get caught up in the negative and let the positive pass by without much notice. Fridays offer us a time to stop, reflect on the past week, and recount the good things courtesy of Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
1. Forecast. Our early spring is due to be interrupted this weekend by snow and 12-degree nights. That’s not the favorite, though. The good part is the weather is due to warm up again next week.
2. Jim’s birthday. It’s always a joy to celebrate my dear husband.
3. Tires. Jason had an appointment to get new tires, but before the appointment one of his developed a large hole. He had his car towed in, but the company from which he buys his tires had been hacked into and wasn’t operational. Thankfully, we had a vehicle we could loan him in the meantime. We just got word yesterday that the tires had finally come in.
4. Sleep. It’s odd–I love sleep and its benefits, but I hate going to bed. I think in the later evening, when there’s nothing going on and no demands on my time, I like to relish that time to just read or whatever. But then when I am up too late, or I doze off on the couch and then wake up and get ready for bed, I pay for it the next day by either needing a nap or dragging. I’ve been making a concerted effort to go to bed earlier, and it does help.
5. Not cooking, as you know, is one of my favorite things. Besides the time off from meal preparation, it’s nice not to have to think what to make and then clean up the kitchen afterward as well. Sunday we picked up Sarku Chicken Teriyaki on the way home from church. Then one night when Jim was away, I tried one of Domino’s sandwiches (not very good, I am afraid. But I had been wondering about them, and now I know). Then last night, my grocery store and drug store runs took longer than expected, and I brought home Wendy’s (and discovered their chocolate chip cookies are wonderful).
How has your week been? Don’t forget to turn your clocks ahead this weekend.