Wow, this week sure went by fast. I’m thankful Susanne at Living to Tell the Story started this habit of pausing on Fridays to reflect on the blessings of the week. Here are a few of mine:
1. Mother’s Day. My family does a good job making me feel special on Mother’s Day. We had a mostly “man-made” meal, though Mittu said she and Timothy helped with the dessert. Jim grilled his trademark teriyaki chicken, Jesse made homemade baked macaroni and cheese, and Jason made Chocolate Pretzel Pie. Jim and Jesse worked together on corn on the cob. It was all so good! I didn’t get a picture of the whole dinner, but here’s the dessert:
2. Hanging baskets. Jim traditionally gets the baskets of flowers that hang outside the front door, the kitchen windows, and “office” windows for Mother’s Day if I have not gotten them beforehand. I love seeing flowers outside most of the windows.
3. Front door decoration. I finally traded out my spring tulips for a different look. I had this container up before, but the flowers had gotten mildewed. I had more but just got around to replacing them. This hangs beside, rather than on, our door because the door has an oval glass insert.
4. An unscheduled week. It was nice to have nothing on the schedule this week after Sunday and nothing that had to be done besides the regular everyday stuff.
5. A special answer to prayer. I can’t discuss the details, but it was wonderful to see God intervene, in answer to my husband’s prayer, in a situation that, humanly, looked very much like it would go a different direction.
I hope you’re week has been good.
Hi Barbara. Sounds like you had a very nice Mother’s Day. I love the hanging baskets and also your door decoration. Glad you had an easy week with not too much on the schedule. It is so wonderful when we recognize the hand of God in our lives. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!
I pray that you have another glorious week!
Oh my goodness what a delicious Mother’s Day menu! Don’t you just love when other people cook for you? It’s such a gift. My daughter drove 3 hours to bring us a whole bunch of her wonderful home cooking. She could only stay a couple of hours, but it was the hugest blessing … and her presence made me feel human again.
Love your list. Have a wonderful weekend! 🙂
YUM that pie! Love all of this post. Your flowers outside the windows are great, as is your front door decor. And how awesome about your husband’s answer to prayer!!
Oh Praise God for your husband’s answer to prayer. We don’t need details!! Just the praise report because it does encourage the rest of us and brings hope.
that pie looks SCRUMPTIOUS!!
my week was the opposite of yours. omgoodness….i’m just relieved it’s friday late afternoon and all i need to do after making a quick dinner, is head to the grocery store. Should be rather empy on a nice friday evening. it feels like summer here in NY today!
My week was NOT quiet, but hopefully this coming week will mirror yours.
Love love not cooking a big meal.
Your hanging baskets make me want to put some up! They look wonderful.
Have a good weekend!
Oh that meal sounds wonderful!! The chocolate pretzel pie looks delicious! A quiet week is always nice. They come too few and far between for me. The hanging baskets out those windows look lovely! I’m always scared to hang baskets as it gets so windy around here.
I love receiving hanging baskets or any kind of plants as a gift. We planted flowers in our pots last weekend and it has really brought us such joy already.