1. To be popular at home is a great achievement. The man who is loved by the house cat, by the dog, by the neighbor’s children, and by his own wife, is a great man, even if he has never had his name in Who’s Who. ~ Thomas Dreier
2. “A man’s children and his garden both reflect the amount of weeding done during the growing season.” ~Author Unknown
3. “A father is a guy who has snapshots in his wallet where his money used to be.” ~ Author Unknown
4. “None of you can ever be proud enough of being the child of SUCH a Father who has not his equal in this world-so great, so good, so faultless. Try, all of you, to follow in his footsteps and don’t be discouraged, for to be really in everything like him none of you, I am sure, will ever be. Try, therefore, to be like him in some points, and you will have acquired a great deal.”
~ Victoria, Queen of England
5. “It is a wise father that knows his own child.” ~ William Shakespeare
6. He who is taught to live upon little owes more to his father’s wisdom than he who has a great deal left him does to his father’s care. ~ William Penn
7. A father is someone you look up to, no matter how tall you grow.
8. Fathers are people who give their daughters away to other men who aren’t nearly good enough so they can have grandchildren who are smarter than any body’s.
9. The father will be too small or too busy to interest the big boy if he counts himself too big or too busy to be interested in the little boy. ~ Elisabeth Elliot
10. “By profession I am a soldier and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father.” ~ General Douglas MacArthur
11.“One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” George Herbert
12. By the time a man realizes that his father was usually right, he has a son who thinks he’s usually wrong.
13. If you want your child to talk to you when he is 15, listen to him when he is 5.
|Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants|