Liz tagged me several days ago for a meme about wish lists. Sorry to be so long getting to it, Liz! This took some thought.
The rules are as follows:
1. Each player starts with 5 gifts that they would want for the New Year.
2. People who are “CARDED” (let’s call it tagged) need to write their own Blog about their 5 things & post these rules.
3. At the end of your Blog, you need to choose 5 people to get “CARDED” and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a COMMENT telling them they’re “CARDED”, and to read your Blog.
Most of the folks I have seen who have done this have also provided a spiritual wish list
My materialistic wish list:
1. Books. 🙂 Reading is my favorite pastimes. I keep a running list of books I want to read. I send most of them on to my mother-in-law, so I don’t feel too guilty about the money spent on them.
2. Scrabble Express. I love to play word games, but my family doesn’t much. This shorter version might be a good compromise.
3. A new bedspread. Ours is falling apart. The thing that makes this hard is that the caret in our room has a floral print, which I love, but I don’t want a solid colored spread, and finding one with a pattern that doesn’t class or make the room look too busy is tricky.
4. This likely isn’t for this year, but we need to replace our living room furniture some time. The fabric is shredding in places. But with tuition for two kids and one needing glasses and braces, I don’t this will be able to happen any time soon. I’m just starting to look at slipcovers as a temporary alternative.
5. This also is not for any time soon, but when one of my sons moves out, I want to convert his room into a sewing/craft/guest room.
Spiritual wish list:
1. Less selfshness.
2. More love.
3. Less lethargy
4. More self-discipline.
5. Wisdom to know which ministries to pursue and which to lay aside.
I’m not going to tag anyone specifically for this, but let me know if you do it and I will stop by to see your lists. Or you can answer in the comments.