I’ll start with the blessing first. 🙂 My mother-in-law has been hard of hearing for as long as I have known her, about 30 years. But it has progressively gotten worse. In the last ten or so years she hasn’t been able to hear but about five words of the sermon at church, yet she still went faithfully out of obedience and for the fellowship.
Our church just recently got some sort of hearing device that somehow connects with the sound box through an FM transmitter (I think…I am not entirely sure how it works). My mother-in-law has trouble hearing sometimes even with her hearing aid (she’s getting a new one next week which I hope will help), and she had to take her hearing aid out to use this — but she was able to hear the sermon for the first time in years! She eagerly looked up every passage the pastor referred to and was just delighted. It was so fun just to watch her reaction — and such a rebuke in that I can hear easily and yet get distracted or sleepy so often and forget what a privilege it is to hear the Word of God preached.
Mama Bear at Bear In Exile tagged me for a meme in which I am supposed to:
1) Link to the person who tagged me.
2) Mention the rules.
3) Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about myself.
4) Tag 6 other bloggers by linking to them.
5) Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged.
Quirky? Me? 😀
Let’s see —
1. I am directionally challenged. If the sun isn’t rising or setting for me to have a reference point, I have no idea which way east or west or any other direction (except at home, of course, where I can remember which way the sun rises and sets). I need to have directions written in exact detail — and even then I sometimes miss a turn.
2. I love fall colors (orange, rust, yellow) outside in autumn but don’t like them in decorating or on my clothes.
3. I can’t wear my wedding ring because, since TM, I have sensory problems with my left hand, and wearing my ring causes a hitting-the-funny bone type sensation in my finger.
4. I am a fanatic about hand-washing before eating or handling food. With soap. (I have had to add that in in my instructions before meal times to my kids even through their teen-age years).
5. Susan‘s egg carton quirk reminded me of my own, only mine is opposite to hers. I get my eggs out of the carton first from the middle, then subsequently to the right of the middle and then to the left (ok, I am not so quirky as to go in definite right to left order, but I go from one side to the other), so that the eggs on either end are last to be removed. I do actually have a reason for that. 🙂 Once or twice I picked up the egg carton from one end when all the eggs were at the other, and consequently almost dropped it because all the weight was on one end. So I do it this way so the weight is balanced. Really. It’s not because of any OCD tendencies. 😀
6. I cant stand when people jiggle or bounce their foot up and down when sitting. Somehow I pick up on the vibrations and it feels very disconcerting to me.
OK, now to tag six more people and find out their secret quirks. 🙂 I have actually seen this meme around and can’t remember where all I have seen it, so if I name you and you have already done it, please forgive me. And as always, a tag is not binding — only do it if you have time and want to.
1. Alice at Hello, My Name Is Alice
2. Jen at My 3 boys and I
3. Bet at Dappled Things
4. Ann at From Sinking Sand
5. Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee
6. Susanne at Living To Tell the Story
7. Melli at Insanity Prevails.
…and anyone else who would like to!
Finally, my sweet blog friend Alice awarded me the
Thank you, Alice! I so appreciate it!
I have seen this around, too, and wish I knew where it originated. But I want to pass it on to Ivory Spring, Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee, Susanne at Living To Tell the Story, Susan at By Grace, and Rita at The Jungle Hut.
Have a great Tuesday!