1. I turn 51 today!
2. That sounds so much older than 50! I’m still trying to figure out how I got there!
3. While standing in line somewhere I saw a headline saying, “50 is the new 30.” Sounds good to me!
5. I got offered a senior citizen’s discount at Jack in the Box again today. 😕 Actually, they didn’t even offer — just rang it up, and I had to correct them. Then the cashier said, “How old are you?” Not exactly tactful! My husband thinks I should have just taken the discount.
6. We get to eat out at Outback tonight! Love the food — not crazy about the darkness and music. We only get there maybe once a year.
7. Barb had some good thoughts about reaching the over-50 mark here. My favorite line: “It doesn’t matter how many years you actually live. What matters is what you do with those years and how you impact the people who will live beyond you.”
8. My favorite cake is chocolate (preferable devil’s food) with chocolate icing (preferably fudge chocolate).
9. I miss talking to my mom on special days.
10. I could join the Bloggers Over 50 Blogroll. I could have last year, but I wanted to wait til I was over 50 just as a matter of principle. 🙂
11. Last year I posted some perks of being older and some neat quotes about aging.
12. One of my favorite “older” quotes not listed there is the following:
“It is love in old age, no longer blind, that is true love. For love’s highest intensity doesn’t necessarily mean its highest quality. Glamour and jealousy are gone; and the ardent caress…is valueless compared to the reassuring touch of a trembling hand. Passersby commonly see little beauty in the embrace of young lovers on a park bench, but the understanding smile of an old wife to her husband is one of the loveliest things in the world.” Booth Tarkington
13. Seen at ivman:
More Thursday Thirteeners are here.