Before the holidays I saw a meme going around to list seven things about oneself — one had little-known things, one had weird or quirky things, one had random things. I can’t remember if anyone tagged me (and if so, forgive me, I’ve forgotten who) or if I just thought it might be fun to do. But I’m combining all these various types of facts into one list.
1. In the “You might not know…” category, I seem outwardly to be a mild-mannered librarian sort (I actually was a librarian in college), but I can be very competitive in games. Not cutthroat — but competitive. At least in games where I have some kind of skill.
2. Speaking of games, in the “quirky” category, I seem to have a penchant for getting three “I’s” in Scrabble trays, whether the board game, computer game, or Facebook games.
When I started noticing it, I began taking pictures. These are just 9 out of 17, and that’s just from the time I started taking pictures of them — who knows how many times it happened before that. Weird, huh?
(By the way, thanks to my blog friend Ellen, The Happy Wonderer, for telling me how to do collages. She often has great ones on her site. She told me if you use Picasa 3, there’s a button on the toolbar for collages….and there it was! Duh! I had never even noticed, but I was happy to learn something new today!)
3. I don’t like most flavored drinks, like different flavors of tea or coffee. Saves me a bundle at Starbucks, but I do feel sometimes I’m missing out on a cultural phenomenon.
4. I like iced tea (unsweetened, decaf), but not hot tea. I wish I did — it would add to the variety of warm drinks available in cold weather. But the smell makes me almost nauseous.
5. I don’t like angels. Well, the real angels, yes — they have a vital role in God’s kingdom, but not most art and craft depictions of them. Most are usually feminine or cutesy, far from how Scripture portrays them. If I am going to have angels in art, I want them this way:
6. I don’t know how to type — not the correct way. In fact, in college, where most girls typed their boyfriends papers in the days before computers made such things so much easier, my boyfriend (now husband) typed mine. I mainly use my two index fingers, but I have kind of developed my own method. (Although, now that I actually observe myself typing, seem to use my two longest middle fingers the most.)
7. I haven’t figured out Sudoku. But then I have absolutely no desire to. I probably should exercise that part of my brain more.
If you’d like to share six quirky, random, and/or little known facts about yourself, consider yourself tagged!