Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a “Friday Fave Five” in which we share our five favorite things from the past week. Click on the button to read more of the details, and you can visit Susanne to see the list of others’ favorites.
1. Our ladies’ meeting at church Monday night with one of my favorite people, a “retired” missionary with one of the merriest hearts I’ve ever known.
2. The poem I posted for Poetry Friday, “The Barefoot Boy.” Though my boys don’t explore outside in the summertime now like they did when they were little, this poem just brings back those memories of when the “great outdoors” of the back yard was a wonderland.
3. Puff’s Plus with lotion has been my best friend this week.
4. I’ve just become a convert to Ricola cough drops. I like Hall’s when I’m clogged up, but they do leave kind of an unpleasant aftertaste. My husband likes Ricola better, and I tried them last night and this morning. Very soothing for a sore throat.
(Forgive me, I don’t mean to sound like I am whining or sympathy-seeking by talking about my cold all week, but it has kind of been a major factor. I’m pretty much better except for post-nasal gunk irrituating my throat and making me cough.)
5. Dinner out with my boys at Fuddrucker’s — best burgers in town, though also about the most expensive, making them only an occasional treat, plus they have luscious fudge brownies. And root beer!!
And though my root beer spillage in my car was not a favorite thing, I just want to say a special thank you to my husband. He happened to be working at home that day, and when I told him about it, I was thinking I’d just need to sop up the mess with towels and then maybe try some carpet cleaner. Without being asked, he just stopped what he was doing, got the wet-vac (that thing has paid for itself many times over!) out of the shed, cleaned out the whole mess as well as the rest of the carpet in the van on a hot, humid day with sweat dripping, all without a word of complaint. I love that guy!