Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a “Friday Fave Five” in which we share our five favorite things from the past week. Click on the button to read more of the details, and you can visit Susanne to see the list of others’ favorites or to join in.
1. With the Word by Warren Wiersbe. I forgot who recommended this Bible handbook to me — Susan, maybe? But I had seen this recommended somewhere and asked for it for my birthday and received it. I just started using it several days ago — and I love it. In my reading the Bible through this time around I am slowing down through the epistles and reading them several times over before going on to the next one. I’m in I Timothy and had already read it a few times, but right on the notes for the first chapter there was a key point that I had overlooked that opened up the whole chapter. I had understood the individual verses before, but now the chapter as a whole made sense in a way it hadn’t before.
This isn’t so much an exegetical commentary as it is just Wiersbe’s notes along the way from his own studies, along with a few quotes here and there. There are more detailed commentaries, but for devotional type reading, this is perfect — I can get some additional insight without getting bogged down.
2. Cool mornings and evenings. We’ve just been getting out first touch of fallish weather this week, and I absolutely love it. It’s been cool but not cold, yet still warm in the afternoons.
3. Lights by the driveway and shelves. We (I say we –Jim) had removed them when we he painted a few weeks ago, and we had planned to replace them because the old ones were very hard to get into, but we just hadn’t had a chance to go look for any together. We finally did last weekend, and Jim got them put up. It’s so nice to have light there again. Jim also hung up my embellishment center and a shelf in my craft room. I don’t have my things organized on it yet — I’ll show pictures of the whole room when it’s done.
4. Kielbasa sausage stew for dinner last night. Wonderful! Hadn’t made it in a while. It’s not necessarily an autumn meal, but it seemed just right for this week.
5. A new grandpuppy. Jason and Mittu adopted a chocolate Lab/Weimaraner mix named Spresso. He’s cute.
Happy Friday! I have some responsibilities throughout the day, but if you leave a comment I’ll be by to visit you later this evening or in the morning.