Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee is the creator and hostess of the Wednesday Random Dozen.
1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like?
The Cowardly Lion
2. When you’re deciding what you’re going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why?
I usually wear dresses or jumpers, so that’s about the ony thing to decide on: which one?
3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without?
4. How many Christmas trees are in your home?
I don’t have any up yet, but we usually have the main big one in the living room. I don’t know if these count, but I also have a little 2-ft. or so one and a tiny 6 or 8 inch one.
5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn’t have to feel a heartbreak?
No. I like emotion. But not too much of it.
6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression?
7. Do you like Michael Jackson’s music?
No, though I used to listen to the Jackson Five back in the day.
8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma?
I think the only cosmetic surgeries that have a real stigma are those involved in trying to look younger. Surgery with all its risks seems a drastic measure for that, and sometimes it can go woefully wrong.
9. Enjoy horseback riding?
No. I don’t like being bounced and jostled, and I am somewhat afraid of horses. When I was little my family all went riding and the horse my mom and I were on together took off running wild, and I still have that fear that a horse will do that and I won’t be able to rein it in, or it will throw me (yes, I’ve watched too much of America’s Funniest Videos) and step on me or hurt me.
10. Shoes–practical or stylish?
Preferably both, but practicality trumps stylishness. I have balance problems so have to wear flats.
It’s sad that so often it has to be one or the other. Why can’t practicality be stylish?!?
11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic.
I don’t remember the early ones, but the first one I remember was a collie named Sam.
12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done?
I personally haven’t done any yet, but for what my husband and I were planning on together, he has done about a third of it maybe? I’m not sure.