Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee created and host a weekly Random Dozen set of questions for participants to consider. It’s fun to read different people’s answers.
1. Do you find it gross to share drinks with family? Friends?
2. What have you learned this year? (You didn’t see a question of that weight coming, did you? At least not for #2.)
Well, I am sure there have been many things, but at the time of evening I am writing this, with a fried brain, I’m not coming up with anything. If something comes to mind before I push the “Publish” button, I’ll share it.
3. When do you dismantle the Christmas decorations?
Pretty much just whenever we can get to it — we don’t have a certain traditional time, but it is probably the last weekend before everyone goes back to work and school.
4. Something you wish to accomplish before the end of 2009 is:
The monthly ladies’ booklet I’ve been working on this week. 😀 There would be a whole list of things I wish I’d gotten done, but I’ll just roll them over to next year’s list…
5. How do you feel about winter (after Christmas)?
That’s the hardest time of the year for me. All the festivities and brightness of Christmas is over (though, yes, we carry it in our hearts), it’s cold and dark, the landscape is almost colorless. One thing that keeps me hanging on is the thought that, after Dec. 21, we turn the corner and the days start imperceptibly getting longer, so I know we’ll see more daylight as time goes by. Then I love Valentine’s Day, so there’s that to look forward to, and then in March we start to see the first blooms of spring. So I keep busy and keep looking ahead.
6. Have you participated in after-Christmas sales?
I don’t usually. I went to one store the day after Christmas and was reminded why. Too crowded. I’ll scout around a little days afterward, when yes, I know there’s not much selection left, but occasionally I’ll find something.
7. Do you have plans for New Year’s Eve?
Normally we just laze around the house flipping through the different celebrations on TV, but this year my son and new daughter-in-law live outside the city limits where they can legally have fireworks! So we’re having a little get-together there.
8. Is there anything special awaiting you in January?
Mmmm, not that I know of, besides hopefully getting some things crossed off that rolled-over list (see #4) and revival meetings at our church.
9. If your life this year was a movie, what category or genre would it be? (Romance, Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Suspense, Farcical, etc.)
Documentary? Family Drama? Reality show? I don’t know. We had a college graduation, a wedding, and a 30th anniversary this year – other than that it was just everyday life.
10. How much time per day do you spend blogging? Please do not lie. I will know.
Actually writing blog posts? Anywhere from just a few minutes to several days (not 24-hour days, but some posts, like my blog year in review, were written in pieces over the course of several days). Reading blogs? Well, that’s another question….
11. Who runs your household?
My husband is the head of the household and does most of the big projects and smaller fix-it jobs, pays bills, etc.; I do the everyday cleaning, meal prep, shopping, etc.
12. Share one hope/dream for 2010.