Linda at 2nd cup of coffee created and hosts the Random Dozen meme every Wednesday.
1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you?
One of my sons used say, “Complaining is a sin” any time anyone so much as said, “It sure is cold.” I told him I didn’t think just making a factual observation was complaining. But muttering under my breath, “I hate the cold. I hate the cold. I hate the cold” all the way out to the car probably is. I do tend to make a number of negative observations….I guess I’d say maybe a 6-7? An 8 some days?
2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you’re going to say in response?
Sometimes one, sometimes the other. Sometimes if I don’t think about what I’m going to say, I won’t remember it. 😀
3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month–of anything?
I tend to clean out old messages on my cell phone during waiting times (waiting for my son to come out of basketball practice, etc.) and e-mails here and there as I have time. I guess I do most of my cleaning out while cleaning/organizing/sorting rather than just setting out to clean out something.
And now, here are some brilliant questions from a gal named Angie at Angie’s Ad Lib who graciously offered to let me borrow her brain. Please go over and see Angie because it was so nice of her to help me out. Thank you so much, Angie!
4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent?
I don’t wear perfume. Most of them give me a headache.
5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year?
Just get started.
6. What is your favorite comic strip?
I don’t think I have a favorite.
7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow?
8. What color is your kitchen? Why did you choose that color?
Blue, pink, and white. I love those colors. And no, it doesn’t look like a nursery: at least I don’t think so.
9. What’s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen?
Well, if I could remember half the bumper stickers I’ve seen, I could tell you. My son used to have one that said, “Red meat isn’t bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.”
10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a Papermate?)
I’m not into expensive or designer pens, but I like the kind that click rather than the kind with removable caps. There is a certain Bic kind that I really like. I don’t know the name of it, but I recognize it when I see it.
11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore – you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)?
Household chores pretty much all feel like chores to me, at least until I get started. I do enjoy seeing the results and often put on music while doing them, so it doesn’t take too long before my attitude changes.
12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once?
How many times have I told you…..? I remember trying to come up with a specific number because I thought my dad was being literal.
Were you raised in a barn? Close the door!
Don’t make me stop this car!