Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a “Friday Fave Five” in which we share our five favorite things from the past week. Click on the button to read more of the details, and you can visit Susanne to see the list of others’ favorites or to join in.
1. A basketball win! I mentioned a few days ago that my youngest son’s Junior Varsity basketball team had won their first two games but lost the others. This past Tuesday they won another one, so I am sure that boosted their spirits. Tonight they play our biggest (but not totally undefeatable) rivals, so we’ll see how it goes. And another connected fave is that this is the last away game — all the rest are home games, at least until the play-offs at the end. Hurray!
2. I’ve mentioned my TomTom GPS before that I got for Christmas, but I leaned on it a lot this week as Tuesday night’s away game was the farthest away of all that we play, and it was in our state capital, which is not a huge city, but bigger than what I have driven in in a long time. Plus I took a wrong turn — not its fault, I just got mixed up. But then I had to really just trust it! And as I use it more I am becoming more aware of its features. It has a small screen with little arrows showing you which road to take along with voice commands, and in the bottom left corner it shows an arrow for which direction you’ll be turning next and how far away that turn is. It also shows how fast you’re driving vs. what the speed limit is, and that part lights up in red if you go more than 3 mph above the speed limit. No, this isn’t a paid ad. 🙂 But I am enjoying it more and more, and it sure beats trying to read printed off directions while driving.
3. Working in my new craft/sewing room. I still don’t have it set up just like I want it yet, but it’s functional, and it felt good to do something creative in there. But I can’t show you what I worked on….yet! 🙂
4. (Re)reading, (re)watching, and discussing Anne of Green Gables for Carrie‘s L. M. Montgomery Reading Challenge. I had said I was going to have to hold off on reading more of the series, but I am rethinking that — there are still 9 days left in the challenge! It adds to the enjoyment to discuss it with others who are reading the same author and some of the same books at the same time.
5. A couple of little things I bought from the Make Mine Pink shops’ Pink Friday sales a couple of weeks ago.
This cute little shelf from Shabby Shan’s Cottage:
And this sweet little plaque from Forget Me Not Dreams:
I’ve joked about how I often mention food on my FFF, and believe me, several came to mind! But out of respect for a couple of friends who are working on trying to lose weight, I’ll refrain.
Have a great Friday!