1. Are you pleasant when you’re ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
I’m not pleasant, but I don’t think I am grumpy or fussy. It depends on what it is, how long it has been going on, etc. I tend to want to be left alone when I am not feeling well.
2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
Joy that we get to sleep in!
3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
Oh, it’s hard to say. I’m not “expert” in any area. I probably most need to improve on bargain hunting/thriftier spending.
4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine’s Day?
Some years more than others. This year all I’ve put up is a wreath on the door.
Other years I’ve gone all out. This year — just recovering from being sick and having a very busy several days and needing to catch up around the house — I don’t think I’ll be getting into the extra decorations as much.
5. What song is on your mind today?
At the moment, “Nothing but the blood” by Ron Hamilton. It changes throughout the day.
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
Again, it all depends — what I am inclined toward at the time, whether I am watching with someone and what they want. I like them both. The main disadvantage with a lot of contemporary movies is overt sexuality, so we don’t actually watch that many, but we do find a few to enjoy. We do wait til they come out on DVD so we can screen them better rather than just being at the mercy of whatever comes on the big screen at a theater.
7. How well do you “compartmentalize” your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.
I can set aside feelings in the sense of not saying anything about them at the moment. I can’t just turn off the feelings themselves, though.
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you’re single, to your best friend.)
The first thing I noticed about him before we met was that he was nice looking. I enjoyed the fact that he was fun to be around once we did meet. But I think what really attracted me to him was seeing his kindness toward others.
9. When was the last time your heart raced?
Well, I have physical problems with that, so I am happy to report not lately, at least not enough to require care. But I did have a dream last night that there was a tornado coming — we could hear the freight-train sound — and no one was concerned or doing anything about it. So my heart probably raced a bit then! I had to listen for a few minutes when I first woke up to make sure there wasn’t really anything going on (we don’t live near train tracks, so I know it wasn’t that.)
10. What are your memories of Valentine’s Day at school?
I enjoyed making the little boxes or pockets to hold the Valentines from classmates and I enjoyed buying and addressing the little kiddie Valentines. I think we had refreshments of some sort while we opened our Valentines at the end of the day.
11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine’s Day, which would you prefer?
It would have to be some form of chocolate. 🙂 I like many types of candy, but I think at the moment Lindt truffles are my favorites.
12. Red or pink?
Pink….as you can probably tell. ♥♥♥♥♥