Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts Friday’s Fave Five so we can share our favorite things from the last week. This has been a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God gives. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
Some of my favorites from this past week:
1. We had the closing for our new house in TN on Monday! That was exciting, plus it was nice to actually see it again. Though I am having mixed emotions — the excitement of the new place and the sadness at leaving the oldest kids behind — we’re already planning the first visits!
2. Finding more “treasures” in cleaning out boxes. One was a notebook of angst-filled teen-age poetry. I haven’t had time to go through it yet, but I am glad to have found it, especially since it wasn’t where I thought it was! Another was a newspaper clipping of a column I wrote in a local small neighborhood newspaper for our school when I was in 11th or 12th grade. My speech teacher knew someone involved with that paper and connected me to that opportunity. I had forgotten about it, and since I was throwing away most things that looked like newspaper clippings (because most of them were recipes or articles that I’ve lived without for all these years now), I was glad I spotted that without throwing at away. Another was a note from the business office of my college that someone had put $500 on my school account back then — that was a special reminder of a special blessing.
3. A good, soaking rain. We’ve needed it and had sprinkles here and there, but finally got a good rain in our area this week.
4. Scheduling the movers for next week. I mentioned a few days ago that in my husband’s preliminary conversations with them, it didn’t look like they could come in the time frame we wanted, but it all worked out well.
5. Helpful kids. I’ve had to call on each of them for various kinds of help — moving boxes, sorting through things, computer help, making goodies for Jesse’s party tomorrow, etc., and they’ve all graciously been willing to pitch in wherever needed.
I don’t know if I will be here for FFF next week — we’ll be in the midst of moving, and I don’t know when the computer will be set up and operational. Hopefully as soon as possible!