Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share our favorite things from the last week. This has been a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
Here are five of my favorites from the past week:
1. Lunch out. One lady at our church here organizes an informal lunch for ladies at a restaurant about once a month, and this month’s lunch was Tuesday. Only four of us showed up — she said they usually have six or eight. But I had at least met all of the ladies there, and it was a fun time to get to know them a little better.
2. Not doing dishes! I mentioned a while back that my daughter-in-law, Mittu, got a job here. It started this week, so she and Jason are staying here until he finds a job and they can get an apartment. I usually have dinner started by the time she gets home, but she has insisted on doing the dishes afterward. It’s been lovely to be done in the kitchen after dinner is over.
3. A good report card. Jesse had some of the worst grades of his school career the first few weeks here, I think just due to adjusting to new teachers and a new school. But he brought everything up to As and Bs by report card time.
4. Joann’s. I don’t know if it really is, but I have always considered Joann’s Fabrics and Crafts as the ultimate in fabric and craft stores — and I had never been to one because we never lived near one. But there is one about 20 minutes away from here, and I finally got to visit it yesterday. I wasn’t shopping for anything in particular, just exploring and seeing what they had. It was a lot of fun. It’s too far to just drop by often and I still like my local Hobby Lobby for most things, but it is nice to know it’s within range if I want to go again. I especially enjoyed looking through the quilting fabrics and books — some of my blog friends are into quilting, some expert and some beginner, and I loved looking at the new designs and styles in some of the books there. Maybe some day…
5. Great finds. One bathroom is a little bare of decorations, so I have been keeping my eye out for something suitable in a brown/beige/tan/blue combination. I found the first at Joann’s and the second at Hobby Lobby, both 50% off.
Have a great Friday! 😀