Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share our favorite things from the last week. This has been a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
1. Surprise Snow as the weather forecasters called it Wednesday. It started up in the late afternoon, stopped by nighttime, and the roads were clear with a one hour delay for school.
2. Computer access to libraries. I’ve been able in other places to look up and place a hold on a book online, but the system here even lets me renew a book online.
3. Harvest loaf cake. I usually make this in November or December but just never did this year. But I couldn’t let a winter go by without it! I was craving it and made some mini-loaves this week and sent one to Jeremy. I wasn’t sure how it would do after 2-3 days in the mail, but he said it tasted fine.
4. Back to routine. I love breaks in routine but by the time the break is over I am pretty well ready to get back to it.
5. Notepads. I got this from my dear friend, Carol, just before Christmas, but I just unpacked the box yesterday.
I keep a magnetic notepad on the refrigerator all the time for grocery and to-do lists, and I use the little tab ones to mark places in books I want to remember. Plus I use post-it notes all the time. And to have them all really cute like this is so much fun! I have my January pad on the frig now!
Edited to add: Someone asked me who the artist or designer was for the notepads. I meant to take a picture with the label on, but I forgot. The designer is Debbie Mumm. I did see she had the notepads on her site here but they are out of stock. I don’t know if my friend ordered them online or got them in a store.
They’re forecasting a heap of snow here this weekend — we’ll see. I just made my run to the store this morning, so we’re pretty well set. Already we’ve gotten much more snow here that we did in SC, but I don’t know if that’s normal for TN or if they’re getting more than usual — need to ask the neighbors. But, whether you have snow or sunshine, I hope you have a great weekend.