Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week. This has been a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
Here are a few favorites from the past week:
1. Chicken teriyaki. Back in SC we used to love a Japanese place in the mall. It was fast food but a nice switch from burgers and breaded, fried chicken. And the people there seemed to know the families of their regular customers — I think they acted like that with everyone, really, but if I was there by myself they asked about the rest of the family. Then the guy who was assembling our food asked if we wanted “yummy yummy sauce.” 🙂 We always did. The same Japanese place is in the mall here in TN, but the mall is 20 minutes away, so it’s too far out for a quick stop for dinner. The food was still good: the people, though, were different, of course, and the guy on the end — well, I couldn’t understand exactly what he was saying, but he was holding the ladle of sauce over my plate, so I assumed he was asking me if I wanted some. So it was a little surreal in some ways, but I’d been craving their chicken teriyaki and it was good to have it again.
2. Jesse’s home! I know, I mentioned last week that my youngest son was due back after being on a mission/camp trip for ten days, the longest he has ever been away before. But I was just anticipating it last week, and this week I have the reality. 🙂
3. Air conditioning in my car. I know I have mentioned AC before, but the car is probably the place I can cool off the quickest, with the AC turned up and the vents aimed right at my face.
4. Carrie’s Chronicles of Narnia Reading Challenge. I’ve enjoyed getting back into these books.
5. A low-key week after a very busy one.
Hope you have a great weekend!