Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week. This has been a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
Here are a few favorites from the past week:
1. Headache relief. I don’t get headaches often, but I had one hanging around most of six days this past week. It wasn’t incapacitating, but even with taking a couple of ibuprofen at a time, I still just felt draggy and a little down most of the week. Thankfully it seems to be mostly gone now.
2. Jesse’s birthday. I not only enjoyed celebrating his 18th year, but with Jason and Mittu coming over and Skyping Jeremy, birthdays are like a mini family reunion.
3. The official arrival of fall today. The temperatures have been a little cooler, and I am looking forward to more of that.
4. The new fall season on TV. Hope that doesn’t sound shallow. 🙂 But it’s nice to have a few more options than summer reruns. There are a few older shows I’m glad are resuming and a couple of new ones I’ve been anticipating.
5. Reminders that God is in control and cares. With our church going through Job and with recently reading Beyond Suffering: Discovering the Message of Job and The Misery of Job and the Mercy of God, the realization that nothing takes God by surprise and He has a purpose for everything He allows has helped as a difficult situation has arisen just yesterday. It is still unfolding, and it’s still easy to get very frustrated when people don’t realize the consequences of their actions. But He still promises wisdom and grace sufficient to meet every need.